• Real Estate Investor
  • cleveland, OH
Votes |
Why should anyone use a Realtor

Demetrius Bradley
  • Real Estate Investor
  • cleveland, OH
Posted Apr 25 2010, 08:59

Sorry if this is the wrong place to question this, but why should any buyer or seller use a realtor? I have been having this argument over the last 2 years because in my opinion (base on real facts) Realtors are the true cause of the housing bubble and crash. Realtors who claim they had 5-20 years experience misled sellers into believing their houses were worth 200-300% more then what they had original paid for them, thus lying to buyers telling them their offers were to low or telling buyers there's multiple offers on a property when a lot of times there wasn't just to get a higher commission.

I guess what im asking is if Realtors have all this so-call experience then how can they explain a house worth $100k today can be worth $300k in 18 months? Remember you are supposed to be the expert when a seller ask for your expert opinion on listing price, and when a buyer ask you whats a fair offer price.

And as of today 04-25-2010 you guys are still misleading buyers and sellers, here is a clip from the Las Vegas Review Journal about how Realtors are selling short sales.........

-Listing offices are starting to manipulate prices along the lines of foreclosures in the past year, which is to list properties well below current market value to get multiple offers and submit a viable offer to the lender, Nason said

The question is why? Whose interest are you servicing?You are suppose to be on the seller side or the buyer.side. You guys are creating once again a false market and if you don't realize that or believe that then you are in the wrong business.

On short sales Realtors should be 100% with the buyers! With all the inventory out there now Realtors should be on the buyers side 100% of the time.

Loading replies...