PASSED My FL Broker Exam This Morning

10 Replies

Passdc the exam this morning. Did not sleep well last night was too keyed up. The test had some questions that really threw me for a loop. I took my class through Larsen Education locally. I also purchased their tutor which I found to be a great help for myself because I just didn't want to pull out the book and flip page after page. I actually sat through the class three times before I took the test. Put it off after my first classes, had health issues after second classes, and sat through them a third time to get refreshed before taking the exam. Now on to post broker licensing.....

Congrats are you going to open your own office and hire agents or work solo??

my heart is in investing I don't know that I have the time to deal with opening an office and agents

@Steven Picker

In FL, a broker is responsible for ALL the actions of their sales associates. Opening an office requires a LOT of time and dedication. My goal with the Brokers license was for personal achievement. There is required CE which covers opening a brokering as well as real estate investment. The investment side is the part I am most interested in. The brokerage side is required but will not have any relevancy to my current goals. Opening a brokerage and being responsible for the actions of others can be a real liability. I don't want a babysitting job:)

I am scheduled to close on rental #13 in a few days! I was not actively marketing but it fell into my lap and is too good to pass up. Seller had signed a listing agreement months ago with another agent but never followed through. Now they needed a REAL buyer with no BS, etc. So, I wrote an all cash offer, found private money, and we are ready to go. It fits in well with my current assets, is located in Cape Coral (I have eight there so far), and I am leasing back to the seller for a year. 

Originally posted by @Ashley Dibble:

Congrats John!

Thanks Ashley. Did you give my friend a call? He is a VERY good agent. I am way to busy to take on anything else right now. I have #13 under contract and we are going to close Monday. Here it is:

Originally posted by @John Thedford :
Originally posted by @Ashley Dibble:

Congrats John!

Thanks Ashley. Did you give my friend a call? He is a VERY good agent. I am way to busy to take on anything else right now. I have #13 under contract and we are going to close Monday. Here it is:

Not yet. I am out of town for a couple weeks on business. Won't be back in the cape till the 20th. Once I am back I have my list to do.

Ashley

@John Thedford congrats on getting your license. It feels like cape coral has hit a peak. I am seeing more price reductions.

in the multy family market. My PM is telling me that the rent on single family homes is going lower or sitting. What is your take on the market. I have been investing in cape coral for 4 years but would be interested in your oppinion. 

Congrats!

Originally posted by @Jesse Hargrove :

@John Thedford congrats on getting your license. It feels like cape coral has hit a peak. I am seeing more price reductions.

in the multy family market. My PM is telling me that the rent on single family homes is going lower or sitting. What is your take on the market. I have been investing in cape coral for 4 years but would be interested in your oppinion. 

Thanks. YES without a doubt rents are flattening in the cape. Not so for sales prices, but sellers are being VERY aggressive and having to lower their prices to get buyers.

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.