Skip to content
Real Estate Agent

User Stats

Votes
Maria D'Aura
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Livermore, CA
Votes |
100% commission broker or traditional - Where to hang RE license?

Maria D'Aura
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Livermore, CA
Posted Oct 23 2017, 10:16

I currently have my license hung with a 100% commission internet broker so it wouldn't cost me any monthly fees. I'd like to focus on building business as an agent in 2018 (thus far I haven't actively worked for business except for family and friends) and wondering if I might be better off at a bigger broker with a local office who offers in office training classes, etc. I've met with one so far and the benefit I see is meeting other agents, training classes, and possibly being able to sit open houses for some of the busier agents to possibly meet some buyer clients. The negative is it would cost me a lot more money. A recent transaction I've had the commission was around $21K, with my current broker the cost to me is less than $700. If I were already with the broker I've met with the cost for the same transaction would be been over $3K plus the monthly office expense of around $150/mo. 

Wondering if the traditional brokerage is work the extra expense? Will sitting other agents open houses bring enough business to make it worth it? Is the training offered any better than I can learn on my own? Does working for a traditional broker provide any advantage for business leads?

Loading replies...