Agent looking to work with landlords and tenants

4 Replies

Are there any agents in Philadelphia that list properties "for rent" for landlords, agents who help tenants find properties or agents who do both? My brokerage does not do property management so I am interested in just the tenant placement component.

For those that work with landlords, what methods are you using to get landlords to list their properties with you for rent? Are there any specific scripts that you use when speaking to them?

For those who work with just tenants, how do you go about getting tenants to work with you if you don't have any rental listings of your own to use as marketing? Is just saying that you have "access to rental listings" (which is true, VIA the MLS) compelling enough to get renters to reach out to you?

Any advice you can provide would be helpful.

Thanks!!

This is how I got my start in Property Management - cold calling FRBO’s and offering services and building my business from there. I’d do one shot rentals and that turned into PM, etc. I also got a lot of Realtor referrals from their clients who couldn’t sell their homes and decided to rent.

Originally posted by @Craig Garrow :

This is how I got my start in Property Management - cold calling FRBO’s and offering services and building my business from there. I’d do one shot rentals and that turned into PM, etc. I also got a lot of Realtor referrals from their clients who couldn’t sell their homes and decided to rent.

Great idea! What is your suggestion to finding the FRBO's? Someone suggested that I mine through Craigslist to find them. But if you have any other suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks for your reply!

@Mooro El We have a local paper that everyone posts vacancies to so I started with that. Craigslist too. Without question, Realtor referrals were the biggest source of business for me - still are. Most of them don’t want to get involved in the PM side for what I’m charging, so keep adding value to the Realtors and they’ll come. Offer to do rent comps for their clients, and make sure they know if the owner decides to sell, you will make sure the client stays theirs!

Originally posted by @Craig Garrow :

Mooro El We have a local paper that everyone posts vacancies to so I started with that. Craigslist too. Without question, Realtor referrals were the biggest source of business for me - still are. Most of them don’t want to get involved in the PM side for what I’m charging, so keep adding value to the Realtors and they’ll come. Offer to do rent comps for their clients, and make sure they know if the owner decides to sell, you will make sure the client stays theirs!

Great idea! Thanks!  

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.