How to find investors to work with

3 Replies

I am a Realtor in Houston, Texas and I am starting to work with investors. Does anyone have any advice on how to grow my clientele/find investors to work with? How have you gotten the word out? What have you found that works and what doesn't work? Thanks!

Hi Natalie, I'm not a RE Agent, but have you tried MeetUp to find meetup groups that are focused towards investors? That would be a great networking opportunity.

Originally posted by @Natalie Jay :

I am a Realtor in Houston, Texas and I am starting to work with investors. Does anyone have any advice on how to grow my clientele/find investors to work with? How have you gotten the word out? What have you found that works and what doesn't work? Thanks!

Provide Value... It's said again and again, and sometimes I think agents have a hard time understanding and formulating what that value proposition is.  Find your niche and become the absolute expert in your market. You'll find once you become the foremost expert in your chosen specialty, that value is provided without effort. Bigger pockets is a great example of this. If agents come to the community marketing themselves with their hands out, they will never benefit from clients reaching back out to them. However, as you gain knowledge through education (i.e books, mentors, investing etc.) and experience through closed transactions, you'll find that investor will reach out to you. Provide valuable content, informative posts and most importantly, base all that you do around honesty and integrity! Start joining investment clubs, attend investor mixers and ultimately get out there and shake more hands. Wish you the best and Good Luck in 2018!    

Sterling Williams, Real Estate Agent in TX (#682359)

Here is one strategy:

Go on Craigslist or apartments. Com and look for rentals. Call those landlords and ask them if they are looking to sell ir buy. 

Ask them what they are looking for and create your database. 

You'll need to now find deals. So analyze what is on the MLS and send them the listing and analysis and ask if they'd like to make an offer.

As your list grows you'll get their listings and do some sales. 

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.