Finished my RE Courses- Recommendations for Exam Prep Course? CA

14 Replies

Looking to hear from California agents- I already finished the required courses online. But I wanted to know specifically about the Exam Preps. Did you pay extra for any exam preps online, where from? Did you find it to contain a lot of the same questions there we're on the test?

Here we're some I found online:

RealEstateExpress.com has Exam Prep Master for $69

Kaplan (Birghtwood) has CA Real Estate Salesperson Exam Drill and Practice QBank- $59

FirstTuesday has CA Real Estate License Exam Prep Book and Diagnostic online practice exams- $39

Allied has CA Sales Super Prep Online Practice Exams- $79

Real estate trainers has a crash course best in the business

Originally posted by @Jo-Ann Lapin :

Real estate trainers has a crash course best in the business

Did you find their exam prep questions to have a lot of the same questions on the actual exam? 

This post has been removed.

Originally posted by @Adam Ferguson :

Hi Jim,

I recently passed my sales exam and bought a crash course through a website called therealestateinstructor.com.  It was good, provides a one day course you can view online, practice tests and a lightning review you can listen to anywhere and while you drive.  Think the cost was around $60 in 11/17.

I also reviewed all practice tests I took through Allied (where i completed my courses) and that helped tremendously.

Hope this helps!  Good luck with the exam.  You will pass if you put in the time, it's not that difficult.

Right... Your 1st ever post, and that domain was just registered 3 months ago. I did not visit it, just checked the WHOIS registration info on it.  ...Spam!

I used Prep Agent, It helped me out a ton and has really good practice exams and vocab sheet practice. I passed both sections of the test on my first try and I couldn't have done it without Prep Agent. I think it was like $75 for a year or you can get it for a month and it is cheaper.

ReTrainers has a great 2-day weekend live crash course.

Kaplan (Brightwood) also has a 2-day live weekend exam crash course as well...

Good luck...@Jim Witten

I don't know if this is applicable in California, but our NY exam was pretty much just a rehash of all of the end of chapter tests throughout the course.   I retook those a couple a times and passed fairly easily.

Good luck!

@Jim Witten , I'm in Sacramento and just took my sales exam test last week (passed on the first try.) I used the Allied "CA Sales Super Prep Online Practice Exams- $79". This is the only material I used to study. I did every single practice question they had, made flashcards on Quizlet.com as I went through the practice questions to take notes, and then did the "mock exams" until I was getting 95% on them. 

I felt like I was well-prepared since the exam felt pretty easy overall. Nothing too tricky. There were a few questions with subject matter I never came across while studying, but you can miss 45 questions and still pass. I'd definitely recommend Allied!

On another note, I have a friend who primarily used PrepAgent to study and he is taking his exam today. I'll let you know if he passes!

I watched tons of PrepAgent videos on YoutTube. They are awesome and he will answer your questions by email. It's worth checking out.

Originally posted by @Meredith L. :

@Jim Witten, I'm in Sacramento and just took my sales exam test last week (passed on the first try.) I used the Allied "CA Sales Super Prep Online Practice Exams- $79". This is the only material I used to study. I did every single practice question they had, made flashcards on Quizlet.com as I went through the practice questions to take notes, and then did the "mock exams" until I was getting 95% on them. 

I felt like I was well-prepared since the exam felt pretty easy overall. Nothing too tricky. There were a few questions with subject matter I never came across while studying, but you can miss 45 questions and still pass. I'd definitely recommend Allied!

On another note, I have a friend who primarily used PrepAgent to study and he is taking his exam today. I'll let you know if he passes!

Congrats! 

(Not to undermine the importance of studying all the material) but I heard from others that a lot of it just comes down to the mock exam questions, memorize as many as possible,  & you will find a lot of them on the exam. Sounds like that was the case with the Allied Exam Prep package, you noticed it to have a lot of the same questions that were on the actual exam? 

@Jim Witten , exactly. In my opinion, you definitely have to study. The ease of the test all depends on the volume of material you took the time to internalize haha. I felt like Allied prepared me well but there weren't many questions that were verbatim what I came across on Allied. Maybe 1 or 2. It was mostly that the concepts I learned through the Allied practice tests were similar to the concepts on the exam. 

I didn't try to memorize the answers to questions, but rather tried to understand why those answers were correct. For me it felt like I was mostly just learning what type of answers the BRE is looking for. 

Originally posted by @Samone Johnson :

I watched tons of PrepAgent videos on YoutTube. They are awesome and he will answer your questions by email. It's worth checking out.

I'll check out their YouTube video. They also have a website with exam prep courses, you didn't buy any of those?

No i didn't, i just watched the videos and did a lot of studying. I would read my notes aloud in my phone to record them. Then while driving and what not, listen to them. It helped a lot.

Quick update: My friend who used PrepAgent to study also passed his exam yesterday! :)

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here