Independent Real Estate Agent Basics

4 Replies

Hoping to get some information out there for independent real estate agents, basic starter stuff. For instance:

-What CRM do you use and why?

-What is the most successful marketing tactic you have used and why?

-What do you do to show appreciation to your clients after a deal has closed and why?

-How do you network in your market?

Thank you!

What CRM do you use and why?

I use one my brokerage provides. It is free and is visually appealing.

-What is the most successful marketing tactic you have used and why?

Referrals, sphere. Low cost of acquisition.

-What do you do to show appreciation to your clients after a deal has closed and why?

Im one of the few that does not do closing gifts generally. Your doctor or lawyer dont give you gifts, why should your real estate professional?

-How do you network in your market?

Reias, meetups, happy hours, broker open houses (I have multiple other agents who are clients of mine)

Thanks for the reply and insight. Which CRM does your broker provide?

If you have been investing in your area for 20 years then take advantage of what you already have.

Look in the tax records and see who the other investors area locally. Build your base for inventory and then start creating contacts for business.

Most CRM's are basic in nature. Since I do highly specialized commercial real estate I am having a custom back end built on my website for my business.

I find CRM's have a little bit of this and a little bit of that. They do what upgrades for the masses will help them get more accounts. Eventually as a broker/agent you then like some things at various different places but do not want to pay for 6 places and companies just to use 10% of their stuff.

That is why I see something I like I send to my developer and then can add it onto my system. Eventually I am going to have the system where other commercial brokers can buy the system I have created and use it.  

Great suggestions, thank you.  You gave me a few ideas how to tap in to my existing network. Thank you!

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here