Real Estate Agent · Roy, UT · Member since 2017 · 5 posts · 5 votes
Hi!
I've had my license for over a year and work with a well known national brokerage. However, I don't feel like they are geared toward investing or helping agents grow through investing and have gotten most of my knowledge on my own. I don't really gain a lot from the brokerage in terms of education or relationships so I'm wondering if I'm wasting money.
I'm just curious about which brokerages better support real estate agents that are focused on investing and investor clients. I'm almost thinking its better to work for a flat fee brokerage.
Real Estate Agent · Richardson, TX · Member since 2014 · 511 posts · 161 votes
8y
@Kimberlee Kennedy I think New Western Acquisitions and Net Worth realty are some of the few brokerages focusing exclusively on wholesaling. They typically find off market deals, send it to their buyers' list and double close it. I'm not familiar with their training procedures so I can't give you much of an opinion about them.
I would advice you not to rely on any brokerages when it comes to RE education in general. You have to study RE on your own and you will mostly learn stuff by doing it, reading books and the BP forum. Experience is always the best teacher.
Real Estate Agent · Richardson, TX · Member since 2014 · 511 posts · 161 votes
8y
@Kimberlee Kennedy I think New Western Acquisitions and Net Worth realty are some of the few brokerages focusing exclusively on wholesaling. They typically find off market deals, send it to their buyers' list and double close it. I'm not familiar with their training procedures so I can't give you much of an opinion about them.
I would advice you not to rely on any brokerages when it comes to RE education in general. You have to study RE on your own and you will mostly learn stuff by doing it, reading books and the BP forum. Experience is always the best teacher.
Flipper/Rehabber · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 732 votes
8y
Kimberlee Kennedy I recently passed my real estate exam and would like to find a similar type of brokerage but I think that might be unicorn .
Most brokerages are focused on transacting “pretty homes “ that appeal to owner occupants .
Have you considered getting into commercial real estate ? At least you’d be working more with investor clients if you were working on apartment buildings for example . Seems some good connections could be made .
The average homeowner probably won’t have the interest or funds to invest in real estate versus someone buying commercial property .
I know everyone says that commercial real estate brokerage is quite different though .
Investor · Tacoma, WA · Member since 2016 · 120 posts · 112 votes
8y
@Kimberlee Kennedy I've thought about this question before. I have a real estate license myself, although I don't do it full time, and have considered joining an investment minded brokerage. The way that I've found them is searching the MLS and seeing what agents/brokerages have all the flip listings. In my market there are several smaller/independent firms that are are heavy on the flip listings which tell me they work with investors. Good luck!