Big Mistakes & Nightmares

3 Replies

As a new agent for KW I’m wondering what costly mistakes Real Estate agents commonly make in the beginning of their careers? Also, on the flip-side, what are some of the things agents do right away that benefit them and keep them on track? I’d like to avoid as many nightmares as I could. I’m aware adversity builds character and moves you forward but at the same time I don’t want to be stupid lol. I look up to everyone on BP. I like to think of you guys as a personal hub of mentors & I’d like to thank everyone and anyone in advance for any advice. It’s much appreciated. :)

@Jose Vazquez don't spend a bunch of money on all the various things you can spend money on as a realtor! I wasted a lot of money on different online lead generation tools, etc. Spend you time marketing to your sphere, talking to people, going to networking group, and just generally providing value to those around you. There is an allure to the training programs that are out there, but the reality is that this business takes time to get started. 

I would also read @Mark Ferguson s book "How to Make it Big as a Real Estate Agent'. That little books has helped me grow my business into a six figure business in three years. 

Originally posted by @John Warren :

@Jose Vazquez don't spend a bunch of money on all the various things you can spend money on as a realtor! I wasted a lot of money on different online lead generation tools, etc. Spend you time marketing to your sphere, talking to people, going to networking group, and just generally providing value to those around you. There is an allure to the training programs that are out there, but the reality is that this business takes time to get started. 

I would also read @Mark Fergusons book "How to Make it Big as a Real Estate Agent'. That little books has helped me grow my business into a six figure business in three years. 

Nice work and I am glad my book helped!!

@Jose Vazquez Congratulations on becoming a realtor.  Few things to always keep in mind as you grow your business:

1. Find and adopt a system you follow consistently (networking, generating leads organically, managing your database, managing your time, managing your marketing effectively and cost efficient) 

2. Have I mentioned you need to stay consistent?! Really, this is crucial. 

3.Always stay ahead of your clients by doing as much research as possible and even crunching numbers.  

4.Set expectations from the beginning and learn to communicate this up front. For example letting your clients know how you prefer to commucate, what should they expect from you, etc. 

5.Dont be afraid to change.  If at any point you feel KW isn’t the brokerage that best fits your needs and plans  then feel free to shop around. I find some agents realize once they are good at branding themselves and generating their own leads they switch to more boutique firms with less fees to maximize their commissions. 

6.If in the first year you don’t  go after building that pipeline, then the second year you’re going to have to work twice as hard to see results.

Good luck and stay positive daily!