• Involved In Real Estate
  • Rochester, NY
Votes |
The future of RE agents?????

Kathy V.
  • Involved In Real Estate
  • Rochester, NY
Posted Sep 16 2011, 14:53

In full disclosure, I AM a licensed RE agent.

But as an Investor, I have asked myself that question. And I say: it depends.

Most good agents build relationships with their clients. And most good agents are resources for just about anything: attorneys, financing, handyman, lodging, schools, etc.

If you're looking to only use an agent to "look" at the mls, well then I think you get what you get. (BTW, here in NY if I give a non-licensed person access to the mls, that is a violation and I could lose my license.) Agents PAY for the use of their mls, through dues. We pay to belong to a local board for those privileges.

I've read on other threads about this agent does this or doesn't do that. Agents perform ALOT of non $$ things for their clients. Good agents know how to build their business and referrals. And sometimes, after all that work, the agent is the FIRST to get thrown under the bus. And the FIRST person everyone looks to when there's not enough money to close so "can you cut your commissions?"

The internet has changed the agent's job so much. I myself am able to research alot of properties BEFORE I even have to call an agent.

So I'm just putting it out there: What future do YOU see for RE agents? And can agents do NOW to help investors solve their problems?

Loading replies...