75246 in Dallas, is this a bad area?

5 Replies

I am looking at several properties in Zip code 75246 in Dallas? I have checked the crime rate, and am wondering from anyone else buying in Dallas whether this zip is ok or should be avoided? Thank you in advance.

Originally posted by @Monica Litster :

I am looking at several properties in Zip code 75246 in Dallas? I have checked the crime rate, and am wondering from anyone else buying in Dallas whether this zip is ok or should be avoided? Thank you in advance.

75246, is a super broad range, could be just under a million dollar property , could be sketchy.   Some mediocre to bad apartment complexes and homeless issues right next to some really nice.  MY wife works at Baylor, so we are down there quite a bit, and although we don't own anything there we have looked at a fair number of properties in the area.

Honestly, I think it would be tough to tell from a thousand miles away.  ITs really an area that we physically go to the property to see where it is, and between my wife and I we drive in that area a dozen times a week.

I believe Junius heights historic district is there (if not its a block or two away, same with Swiss avenue.) And there might be other historic and/or conservation districts right there, and that can severely restrict what you can do.   Its definitely something to explore if you are looking in the area and plan on doing some rehab.

Originally posted by @Monica Litster :

BTW, I wouldn't trust Dallas crime statistics any further than I could throw them.  police are severely understaffed and the stats seem very under reported around the city.  the police aren't coming out for anything less than a priority 1 call, and even that can be a several hour response time.