How to get Rental Listings

How to get Rental Listings

Specialist · Toronto, Canada · Member since 2017 · 36 posts · 14 votes

Hey everyone,

I've had my license for 2 months now, and have been diving in to the rental side of the business to get my feet wet and build my network and potential future clients.

I have been able to generate significant tenant leads from Facebook by posting current rental listings in my office.

It has been successful so far, however i've been unable to obtain rental listings.

Curious if any agents out there have any tips or tricks to go after landlords or property management companies to get some listings under my belt

Anything helps!


1Reply
17 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Katy, TX (Katy) · Member since 2019 · 16 posts · 6 votes
    6y

    Hello Samuel, 

    I'm also a new Realtor in New Jersey! I'm not sure how the MLS work in Toronto, but here we have access to a new system named Remine. On this platform I am able to search any town, neighborhood or address and it will give me a map of all the houses nearby. With that you are able to narrow the search with the Absentee filter which tells you if the owner of the house is Corporate, Owner Occupied, Absentee in state, Absentee out of state. I found this to be a great tool to use and know who I want to market for a rental listing. A corporate or out of state owner are definitely more likely to have a realtor deal with rental listings. I hope this information helps.

  • Specialist · Toronto, Ontario · Member since 2012 · 2k+ posts · 891 votes
    6y

    @Samuel Toby

    Getting listing for leases will exert the same amount of time and effort as a listing for sale.

    You mine as well focus on the latter

    Landlord will likely use the agent who represented them on the sale to help them lease but not always..

  • Specialist · Toronto, Canada · Member since 2017 · 36 posts · 14 votes
    6y

    @Hai Loc thanks for the response! I’m starting to notice that working with tenants is exerting the same energy as working with buyers as well

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.