Looking for Oakland, CA real estate agent

5 Replies

Hi all. Looking for a great real estate agent in Oakland, Ca. I’m a somewhat new investor looking to house hack in Oakland. Any referrals would be greatly appreciated!

Have you tried reaching out to David Greene? On his page, he specifically states that he could "Help you buy (or House Hack) in Northern CA." I do hope you reach out to him, for I believe you'll find more than just a great real estate agent...

Hi Alex, My name is Hans Struzyna and I am an agent with the Gunderman Group. WE are the top team in the Oakland area. https://thegundermangroup.com

I personally invest in rentals out of state and have done a few flips locally outside of my agent practice. I would be more than happy to discuss your needs and see if we might be a good fit to work together. Feel free to DM me if you would like to have a discussion. There are some amazing house hacking opportunities in Oakland. 

As an FYI, there are some serious landmines that you want to pay attention to when looking for a possible house hack. 

• Sewer Lateral Ordinance 
  • Sidewalk Ordinance
  • Rental Ordinance
  • FIRPTA
  • The reputation of the inspectors the Seller chose to do pre-inspection 
    Test Holes (if applicable) 
  • Seismic reinforcement work
  • Responsibility removing contingencies

No matter who you work with, make sure you get a clear explanation of each of these as they are very important here in Oakland. 

Best of luck and in your search and let me know if I can be of any help!

Best,

Hans