• Real Estate Agent
  • San Jose, CA
Votes |
Is a Remote Listing at all Practical?

Account Closed
  • Real Estate Agent
  • San Jose, CA
Posted Nov 19 2020, 17:52

Hello. I was speaking with a home owner about potentially buying their property as an investment. After a while I realized that my price wasn't going to work for them. At this point I offered to help list the property so they could get top dollar. The big caveat is that I am 6 hours away from their property and they are staying in Alabama. I explained to them that this might be a problem but they seem to like me and want my help and kept saying things like "Oh in this day and age everything is virtual.." etc. I offered to refer them to an agent but again it seems like they want me to list the property. They want to sell as-is and they don't want to have to move their stuff out right away and basically they want to put it on the MLS and see what kind of attention it attracts. I know you will all probably tell me this is stupid and I should just refer him to someone which is honestly what I am probably going to do but I thought I'd write this post out of curiosity to see if anyone has ever listed a property remotely and how it went.

Loading replies...