looking for broker sponsorship in Houston tx

6 Replies

I am getting my texas real estate sales person license, looking for broker sponsorship.

I have found couple of broker sponsorship online, such as champion, Texas home realty, they all have yearly membership and per transaction fee by tier. The fees are affordable.

I am just wondering is there any broker here or can be recommended is will to sponsor with the competitive rate and also willing to mentor in some ways?

Eve Zhao Hey Eve, you may consider reaching out to the folks at the RICH Club, Lifestyles Unlimited, and / or Liberty Real Estate Advisors to see if they have any members that would fit what you're looking for.

If you are looking for mentoring it is going to cost you a split. 70/30. 80/20 if you are lucky. You can go spend a year or two with a full service brokerage that prides themselves in the development of up and coming agents if you want to be trained. There are plenty of brokers that will take you on that pay 100% commissions and bonuses, but they will not provide any training. Why would they if they are only getting $75 per transaction. I pay my broker $130 a year and $75 per transaction. He is a great guy, but if you can't get through a transaction on your own he isn't going to put his arm around you and carry you to the finish line for $75.

If you really want to maximize your fee capture, I would suggest finding a broker that charges you a per transaction fee and a small fee each year and work a fee split on a few transactions until you get a feel for it. If you can't find a broker that will do both, you can stick with the per transaction broker and find an agent that will help you through a few deals for a split of your commissions.

Either way, you will have to hit the ground running if you don't sign up with a brokerage that provides training.

Hi David,

Does your broker's charge include the access to the MLS?

Originally posted by David Jackson:
If you are looking for mentoring it is going to cost you a split. 70/30. 80/20 if you are lucky. You can go spend a year or two with a full service brokerage that prides themselves in the development of up and coming agents if you want to be trained. There are plenty of brokers that will take you on that pay 100% commissions and bonuses, but they will not provide any training. Why would they if they are only getting $75 per transaction. I pay my broker $130 a year and $75 per transaction. He is a great guy, but if you can't get through a transaction on your own he isn't going to put his arm around you and carry you to the finish line for $75.

If you really want to maximize your fee capture, I would suggest finding a broker that charges you a per transaction fee and a small fee each year and work a fee split on a few transactions until you get a feel for it. If you can't find a broker that will do both, you can stick with the per transaction broker and find an agent that will help you through a few deals for a split of your commissions.

Either way, you will have to hit the ground running if you don't sign up with a brokerage that provides training.

No. you need to join HAR to get access to mls. HAR fees pay for Houston AR, Texas AR and National AR. Then you have MLS access. In Houston will cost roughly $800-1,000 per year for these association fees and MLS access.

Choosing the right broker for you is an important decision. Most agents want a low commission split and do not need most "physical" services a broker offers.

If you are looking for no monthly fees, low commission split and high value for a low price, I may be able to assist. Contact me.
[email protected]
Good luck :)

Hi, I am a broker in Texas and I have several investors and property managers sponsored. Check out my profile or go to www.yourbroker.info