Seeking Help For Rental Assitance

2 Replies

Hello,

I’m seeking help due to Covid-19, for non payment of rental in Baltimore County, MD. I had a tenant that was finally evicted, that currently owes me in excess of $40,000. Property is located in Maryland, Randallstown town. I might sell for $355K

I don't know what MD has set as their rules, but in Virginia if you evict the tenant you waive the right to charity help.  One of the promises you have to sign off on is that you will not evict due to financial reasons if you accept rent relief.  I'm curious, why didn't you and the tenant apply way before it got to this point?  And how in the world did you manage to get an eviction? I've evicted for non-financial reasons, but the eviction moratorium is still in place until June 20. Inquiring minds want to know!

My understanding is that the current rental assistance programs require you to not evict the tenant - if you've already crossed that bridge then you'll likely be left holding the bag.

Selling, on the other hand, is a great option in a lot of cases. Inventory is tight in Baltimore County right now. Any idea what kind of condition the tenant left the home in?