Lead Generating Tips for Real Estate Agents

13 Replies

Hello,

I recently made the transition from part time real estate agents to FULL TIME!!! I would love to hear from some of the veteran real estate agents on their strategies for generating client leads. 

Some things I have been doing thus far:

1. -Covering other agents open houses
  2. -Cold calling
  3. -Social media advertisements

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

P.s. I am located in the North Jersey area!

There are a lot of ways to develop leads as a real estate agent. It is important also to stay top of mind with your network and even past clients. You can use direct mail, email campaigns, social media, in person events, networking, attending local investor meetups and more. You can use direct mail to send thank you notes, holiday cards, birthday cards and more to past and present clients. Personalization will help you stand out among other realtors only using one touch point with their clients.

BP and cold-calling have worked pretty well for me. I'm hoping to build up social media once I actually have some listings.

Hello @Evan Dieffenbach & congrats on taking the leap!

Great advice on here so far!... Especially @Amanda Gisonni 's post!

As a newer agent, one of the main drawbacks is not having experience. Without experience, some of the hottest cold calling leads (mainly fsbo & expired leads) may be hesitant to trust you. With your personal circle, on the other hand, you have already proven that you are a trustworthy person with integrity and they'll be more likely to work with you. 

Focus at least 1/4 of your prospecting time on your personal circle - friends, family, neighbors, old co-workers, local business owners, etc. If you don't have their email or mailing address, collect that information asap so you can put them on a monthly mailing campaign and weekly email newsletter. 

My first 2 deals in the business were from my personal circle and my business is now about 65% personal circle, past client and referrals from my network. 

Best of luck to you moving forward!

Abel

Originally posted by @Brandon Spurlock :

@Abel Curiel and @Ronald Allen Barney - how have the two of you benefited from your BP Premium account? Solid local leads, or more referral leads? Both, neither? I've been trying to decide whether or not to pull the trigger on it. Thanks!

My experience with the account has been great. Keep in mind, most online 'leads' are about 6 months out from actually taking the next steps towards an acquisition or sale. BP is not much different in that regard but the account still helps you build a great relationship with prospective investors. As long as you have solid systems for your intro call/consultation and nurturing your database, you will find that it is worth it in the long run.

I'd highly recommend chatting with @Simon Murillo about this. He's great and can give you some insight into what BP is doing to better assist BP members looking to connect with investor-friendly agents.

Originally posted by @Brandon Spurlock :

@Abel Curiel and @Ronald Allen Barney - how have the two of you benefited from your BP Premium account? Solid local leads, or more referral leads? Both, neither? I've been trying to decide whether or not to pull the trigger on it. Thanks!

3 leads so far in the past month from BP members interested in investing in my area.  No closings yet but hope springs eternal.

Compared to those three, zero leads from other social media or lower-cost letter campaigns, so BP tops out ROI from what I've tried so far.

Its all in the data. Are you marketing properties you recently sold to neighboring properties? Targeting folks who have lived in their homes for X years, or X% equity? 

I have an client who is an agent in Bev hills that is killing it using autopen letters. With direct mail specifically, you need to take extra measures with personalization. If your budget is slim, get on the phones or walk the neighborhood. Engage on social media. It starts off slow if you have nothing, but as you grow it will become vital to reaching new audiences.

Like others mentioned, networking is going to be your best ROI. start building that social equity with your peers and watch how far that will take you!

@Evan Dieffenbach