Becoming A First Time Real Estate Agent

5 Replies

Hey everyone so I am going to get my license in the state of Ohio to become a Real Estate Agent. I am preferably going to be centered around Columbus, Ohio. I do not have a brokerage in my mind at the moment but I wanted to see if anyone would be willing to be a mentor for me. I would just like to do the dirty work for you but I would like to learn in the process as well. Just like David Greene explains in his book and podcasts. I think it will be a great opportunity as I am only 22 and the more I can learn the better I will be down the road.

Thank you.  

Originally posted by @Spencer Carlo :

Hey everyone so I am going to get my license in the state of Ohio to become a Real Estate Agent. I am preferably going to be centered around Columbus, Ohio. I do not have a brokerage in my mind at the moment but I wanted to see if anyone would be willing to be a mentor for me. I would just like to do the dirty work for you but I would like to learn in the process as well. Just like David Greene explains in his book and podcasts. I think it will be a great opportunity as I am only 22 and the more I can learn the better I will be down the road.

Thank you.  

Reafco brokerage is centered around mentorship. I would be happy to chat with you.

Hey Spencer, I'm not with Reafco, but if the investment side of things is specifically what you are looking for, they are probably the best brokerage in the city if you want to learn that side of the biz.  I'm with Team Truitt at Keller Williams GC.  I'm the only one on the team really doing the investment side of things but I joined with them because the team lead Dave Truitt is everything personality wise that I am not and therefore what it is I need to work on.  So while the brokerage is important, I'd push you to learn about yourself, what is light and easy for you, whats heavy and hard, and then strategically pick a place that will help you either minimize those "heavy tasks" or perhaps help you learn that skillset to be better at it.