How to find more deals as a new agent?

10 Replies

I am a new solo agent that started in March. I have closed 2 deals so far and am struggling to find my next business. I just started doing a daily check list of real estate related tasks but am seeking advice from other agents who have had success.

Right now I mainly focus on cold calling 2-3 hours a day. It has lead to adding leads to my pipeline, but doesn't help me for the now. I feel like I need to meet people face to face to create business that way, but want to know what other think/suggest that I should be adding to my daily real estate routine?

Thank you.

Originally posted by @Russell Brazil :

Go to real estate meetups

Thanks for the reply Russell. I did just go to my first one this week and plan to keep attending! Is there any questions you recommend I ask or how do I try and gain business from these meetups?

Promotion
Guaranteed Rate
Guaranteed Rate is a top mortgage lender
Save $1,290 on your next home – no lender fee*
Get special perks like $1,290 in lender fee savings when you buy a second home with Guaranteed Rate.
Apply Now

@Zac Lindquist this is a great question! Cold calling is the fastest way to hate what you do. Invest in Ninja Selling book and follow the Ninja path. Life changer. I closed 24 deals year 1 and despite health setbacks, I am on track to close more than 50 this year. Get in front of people you know. Transactions are everywhere. I refer out business I can't get to and am building a passive income.

Originally posted by @Renee Moomey :

@Zac Lindquist this is a great question! Cold calling is the fastest way to hate what you do. Invest in Ninja Selling book and follow the Ninja path. Life changer. I closed 24 deals year 1 and despite health setbacks, I am on track to close more than 50 this year. Get in front of people you know. Transactions are everywhere. I refer out business I can't get to and am building a passive income.

Thanks Renee I'll definitely be getting it for my next book! Do you have a brief recommendation from the book that I can implement now before I read it?

Get in front of 50 people a week, live or on the phone, that you alreadt know. Ask them about their life, do not ask them for a referral or anything salesy. LISTEN. Take notes.  Then give them value,  the help they need. Do not ever bring up real estate. Ever. They will ask what you do, wait for it.  They will ask about the market, ask them what part of the market interests them. Socratic discussion. Very few "I" statements. Try 50 different people every week. A database of 200 people you see or speak to once a month has enough transactions within it to completely sustain your business. Ninja teaches you to listen, never chase, never be salesy, never ask for business. People will come to you. This is maybe 1 chapter of that book. Lots of online training and is well worth the minimal cost. 

Have you gotten your book yet? Everyone in our office it to read that book and attend installation. That is our culture and overall mindset, our standard. It is a 180 from the cold-call ways. My recommendation, be open-minded to that change of concept. I was unexpectedly in a wheel chair the first of last year. I became visually impaired and unable to care for myself due to a stroke and I had to learn how to use all my muscles again. My husband left his job to care for me. He became immersed in this culture and as I got better, he got his real estate license and we haven't looked back. This year, we are about to close in November what we closed in all of last year. We are leading the office in transactions and scheduled to close 51 sides. We credit the ninja way and being a part of an office that embraces that mindset. I hope you find successes. 

Personally my best fishing for leads and business has been BP, networking, cold calling or texting, FB, database and newly trying zbuyer out. This is my 3rd year as an agent and I'll close 1000-105 this year. Since I've started I have doubled every year. Also tithing and giving to God has always given the best ROI :)

As a new agent, it can be difficult to find deals that are available. You might even feel like you're banging your head against the wall trying to find anything. The truth is, there are plenty of deals out there and here's how you can find them:

1) Ask around - As an agent, everyone knows someone who's selling or buying. Don't be afraid to ask for leads from other agents in the area as well as friends and family members who may know of something.

2) Check out FSBOs - A lot of people put their house up for sale by owner (FSBO). These listings aren't always advertised, so it's important that you check Craigslist regularly as well as drive through neighborhoods with For Sale signs. Just make sure you know what you're getting into by going with a FSBO since there aren't many protections in place for buyers if they have trouble closing or have an issue with the property after the sale is complete.

3) Stay informed - There are lots of different websites and newsletters that can tell you about new properties on the market, including Redfin or Better Estimate, which I check regularly. You might also want to sign up for alerts from your local Board of Realtors or MLS [multiple listing service] . In addition, it's important to check out your local newspaper as well as look through your daily mail so you don't miss anything important.