Where do I find Hard Money/Private lenders?

Where do I find Hard Money/Private lenders?

Wholesaler · North Jersey · Member since 2024 · 36 posts · 8 votes

I'm in NJ and I'm just getting started in RE. I am buying land, going to build the house from scratch and sell it. Basically RE Development. My Dad has been a contractor for 30+ years so thats why I'm going this route. 

My only question is how do I find hard money/private lenders for this sort of thing. It would be a 2-3 month project I'd assume to get everything built and sold. Are there lenders who do this? Where do I find them? Thanks

0Reply
72 views

Most Popular Reply

Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
2y

a new build in 2 to 3 months ?? thats some pretty quick time lines .  Most construction loans are written for 12 months or longer and most new build to sold and closed average closer to 9 months or more.. I would use those figures when you run your pro forma i dont think many lenders are going to buy off on a 2 to 3 month start to finish.. just sayin.

See this reply in the discussion

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Nate HerndonPro Member
    Lender · Springfield, MO · Member since 2023 · 277 posts · 195 votes
    2y

    Hi Jack - Bigger Pockets is a great place to start. For example, I work with dozens of national private lenders who fund rehab projects, new construction, and 30-year fixed loans for rental properties. As a broker, I'm always trying to find the best deal for the specific client and property.

    If you are looking for local private money lenders, your local real estate investment groups might have some leads for you as well.

    Most institutional private lenders are going to need an appraisal/valuation of the property, and permits to be issued for the construction of the building (if your area requires it). 

  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    2y

    a new build in 2 to 3 months ?? thats some pretty quick time lines .  Most construction loans are written for 12 months or longer and most new build to sold and closed average closer to 9 months or more.. I would use those figures when you run your pro forma i dont think many lenders are going to buy off on a 2 to 3 month start to finish.. just sayin.

  • Devin PetersonBusiness Member
    Lender · Sarasota, FL · Member since 2022 · 2k+ posts · 664 votes
    2y

    Use the find a lender tab. Im sure your dad has some solid pre-existing relationships as well no?

  • Simmy AhluwaliaPro Member
    Lender · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 200 votes
    2y

    Exactly!  No offense, but your lack of experience is showing.  No builder can complete (unless it's modular) a home in 2-3 months....6-8 months best case scenario.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.