Votes
Garrett Pearson
  • Addison, IL
Votes |
What are my financing options

Garrett Pearson
  • Addison, IL
Posted Aug 19 2018, 11:12

I need some advice. First, let me say that I toyed with the idea of investing for years but now am giving careful thought. I know that there is plenty of information on the questions that I am asking and I plan to do plenty of reading and studying but unfortunately I am in a pinch for time. Recently, I was working on a pretty profitable business deal and wanted to buy my first home. When the business opportunity came through, my loan officer told me that I should hold off on starting a business until I closed on the property because I would be forced to wait 2 years if I didn't. Being optimistic, I started the purchase using with VA loan with no money down and the purchase price only being $40k less my approval amount so I purchased on the high end. Unfortunately, my business deal fell through. With the loss of the potential income from the business investment, I needed to find another stream of income so returned to my former interest of investing in real estate sooner than I planned. I have not yet closed on my house but now I am having buyer's remorse and thinking about the fact that buying this house on the upper end of my qualification will limit my ability to invest. What are my options? Am I screwed? I have good credit and some money (not a lot) to invest. I am waiting to hear from my attorney on the repercussion of canceling the contract this late in the game as I am scheduled to close in a week or so. Thank you in advance for any guidance you can provide.

Loading replies...