Skip to content
Real Estate Deal Analysis & Advice

User Stats

Votes
Andrew Campbell
  • Multifamily Syndicator
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
Closed on 202-units AND quit my job on the same day!

Andrew Campbell
  • Multifamily Syndicator
  • Austin, TX
Posted Jun 2 2017, 11:44

I started buying rental property five years ago to create a passive income stream. At the time, my realtor and friend who helped me buy the fourplex said “watch out, Real Estate is like crack.” For me truer words have never been spoken.

Late last year, with our portfolio standing at 72-units I made a decision: I could no longer ignore my real estate habit, and was ready to turn my side-hustle into a full-time hustle. Today, that became a reality.

Today, I closed on a 202-unit apartment in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area. Partnering with one of my mentors, we purchased a value add apartment complex that will provide solid returns to investors and gives me my first taste of being a General Partner on a large Multifamily property.

Today was also my last day as an employee. I resigned from my job a few weeks ago, ready to dedicate all my time, energy and passion into investing full-time. I never expected the two events would take place on the same day, but I’m glad they did. June 2 will always be a special day for me.

Thinking back over the last five years, I can’t believe how much I’ve learned about investing in Real Estate from this site, its members and the podcast. First off, I just want to say thank you to the whole community—for the blogs you write, the conversations you spark on the forums and the general willingness to put yourselves out there for our education.

I also want to offer encouragement to everyone out there. Investing in real estate, however you choose to do it, really is a ticket to financial freedom. I’m not quite there yet, but the “finish line” is in sight. If you’re kicking the tires and evaluating your options—keep going. But make sure to take action and get involved. When we bought our first property, I remember being scared to walk up and introduce myself to our new tenants. I had never managed a property before, and didn’t know anything about the business. But I figured it out pretty quickly, and stumbled my way through an educational first year. And 4 units turned into 72. And now 72 is turning into a new business, a new lifestyle and a whole world of possibilities!

Five years ago I never would have predicted I’d leave my job to start a company focused on buying large apartment complexes. Or that I’d walk away from a career I loved and had been so dedicated to. Or that I’d be so excited about the unknown and where my path will take me next. But I know with the continued education and help I’ll get from BP members, I’ll figure it out.

Thanks BP!

Loading replies...