Newby hoping to get onboard

4 Replies

Hi all,

We currently live in Oregon but will be moving back to my hometown, Coeur D’alene, ID in about 2 years.

We have had rentals in the past but we’re burned during the market crash on one and sold the other recently which we shouldn’t have.

I found you guys while searching for real estate investing podcasts. I hope to figure out a way to start brrrrring in the CDA market soon to start getting our feet wet.

We have 3 girls, (I.e. continued future expenses for cars, proms, college etc). I will have a fixed pension as well as my husband. We hope to expand that with real estate.

I have family in the area to help with narrowing down options, also a realtor.

Any advice?

Hi @Patricia Ann Murphy

I wish i kept almost all the real estate I've ever owned. I probably could have retired already.

You should start analyzing deals in CDA right now.  Get on Redfin or realtor.com and set up some searches.

You should look into some local real estate investor meetups on meetup.com and/or Bigger Pockets in the event section. That's probably the best way to find people you can work with.

Hey @Patricia Ann Murphy , I’ve been a full time investor here for about 5 years. I’d be glad to get on the phone or meet up when you’re in town and chat real estate. Let me know!

@David Clinton III ,

I would love to take you up on that offer. I am in town often and will reach out to you.

I am excited and look forward to getting to know investors there to help build a great network.

Now I just need to figure how to send you a message on here... 😊

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here