Votes
Andy Forrest
  • Gettysburg, PA
Votes |
Most Common Repairs Needed

Andy Forrest
  • Gettysburg, PA
Posted Jan 19 2014, 06:37

I am currently in the process of starting a home repair/handyman company. I want to focus on working for property managers and landlords so I am trying to find out what the most common repairs or maintenance issues that you guys face is.

I went to a trade school for 2 years and I have been working in building maintenance for about 7 years now so I have a very broad skill set. I focused the majority of my education on electrical, plumbing and HVAC. I am also skilled in carpentry. I typically deal with a lot of plumbing issues (water heaters, toilets, leaks), HVAC issues, and carpentry repairs (rotted subfloors from toilets, busted doors etc..). I also do small remodels of bathrooms and kitchens.

I am trying to get advice from some of the Property Managers and large scale investors on this site to see what skills you would like your maintenance person or handyman to have.

I am a landlord myself so I know how important property maintenance is and how hard it can be to find someone reliable, licensed and insured.

Thanks!!

Loading replies...