Metro Atlanta -Cost of Attic Insulation

9 Replies

Working on estimates, for a home in metro Atlanta, that we will be closing on shortly, Can any one advise , what is the going rate for attic insulation per sq ft (Fibre glass). I have been quoted around 35 cents/sq ft. Any Atlanta contractor recommendation appreciated.

You're doing better than me. I have a 1900 sq ft house getting insulation next week for $1500 including venting two bathroom fans outside. He is going to fill out the forms for GA Power for me for a $300 rebate.

Originally posted by @Amit Bhavsar :
Working on estimates, for a home in metro Atlanta, that we will be closing on shortly, Can any one advise , what is the going rate for attic insulation per sq ft (Fibre glass). I have been quoted around 35 cents/sq ft. Any Atlanta contractor recommendation appreciated.

Hello Amit! not sure about the cost but spending a morning at lowes or home depot near the contractor service could be beneficial. Clint

I had someone from craigslist, who blew the attic of a 1200sqf house for $ 500 and gave me the certificate for the rebate.

So, your quote of $ 35/sqf is pretty good

@Heather W.

Thanks Heather..that gives me a ballpark figure..also based on what I read, it seems like a good practice to seal gaps if any in the attic first before doing the fiber glass blowing.

@Michaela G.

Thanks, this contractor was also pulled off an Craigslist ad. I will get some references on his work before proceeding.

@Clinton Roland

yes..I did check lowes..they have an estimator online for materials but it proved to be more expensive

Amit,

I believe @Clinton Roland means literally hanging around the pro desk and watching for people buying insulation then talking to them about estimated costs.

Originally posted by @Cal C. :
Amit,

I believe @Clinton Roland means literally hanging around the pro desk and watching for people buying insulation then talking to them about estimated costs.

Thank you Cal, that is what I meant. It's one way to talk shop,get contractor leads and free coffee to boot!Cal, I see your in Norcross,do you know of any meetups in the north atlanta area? I'm in Doraville.

Good to connect,

Clint

Originally posted by @Clinton Roland :
Originally posted by @Cal C.:
Amit,

Thank you Cal, that is what I meant. It's one way to talk shop,get contractor leads and free coffee to boot!Cal, I see your in Norcross,do you know of any meetups in the north atlanta area? I'm in Doraville.

Good to connect,

Clint

@Clinton Roland I only know of north Atlanta reia. They seem to be selling something all the time so I've never been.

@Clinton Roland

@Cal C.

Thanks I like the idea of visiting the stores and checking with customers and taking their inputs. Appreciate it.