Metro Atlanta -Cost of Attic Insulation

9 Replies

Working on estimates, for a home in metro Atlanta, that we will be closing on shortly, Can any one advise , what is the going rate for attic insulation per sq ft (Fibre glass). I have been quoted around 35 cents/sq ft. Any Atlanta contractor recommendation appreciated.

You're doing better than me. I have a 1900 sq ft house getting insulation next week for $1500 including venting two bathroom fans outside. He is going to fill out the forms for GA Power for me for a $300 rebate.

Originally posted by @Amit Bhavsar :
Working on estimates, for a home in metro Atlanta, that we will be closing on shortly, Can any one advise , what is the going rate for attic insulation per sq ft (Fibre glass). I have been quoted around 35 cents/sq ft. Any Atlanta contractor recommendation appreciated.

Hello Amit! not sure about the cost but spending a morning at lowes or home depot near the contractor service could be beneficial. Clint

I had someone from craigslist, who blew the attic of a 1200sqf house for $ 500 and gave me the certificate for the rebate.

So, your quote of $ 35/sqf is pretty good

$700-1000 for a typical attic to bring it up to R-49 is about what I'd expect...

@Heather W.

Thanks Heather..that gives me a ballpark figure..also based on what I read, it seems like a good practice to seal gaps if any in the attic first before doing the fiber glass blowing.

@Michaela G.

Thanks, this contractor was also pulled off an Craigslist ad. I will get some references on his work before proceeding.

@Clinton Roland

yes..I did check lowes..they have an estimator online for materials but it proved to be more expensive

Amit,

I believe @Clinton Roland means literally hanging around the pro desk and watching for people buying insulation then talking to them about estimated costs.

Originally posted by @Cal C. :
Amit,

I believe @Clinton Roland means literally hanging around the pro desk and watching for people buying insulation then talking to them about estimated costs.

Thank you Cal, that is what I meant. It's one way to talk shop,get contractor leads and free coffee to boot!Cal, I see your in Norcross,do you know of any meetups in the north atlanta area? I'm in Doraville.

Good to connect,

Clint

Originally posted by @Clinton Roland :
Originally posted by @Cal C.:
Amit,

Thank you Cal, that is what I meant. It's one way to talk shop,get contractor leads and free coffee to boot!Cal, I see your in Norcross,do you know of any meetups in the north atlanta area? I'm in Doraville.

Good to connect,

Clint

@Clinton Roland I only know of north Atlanta reia. They seem to be selling something all the time so I've never been.

@Clinton Roland

@Cal C.

Thanks I like the idea of visiting the stores and checking with customers and taking their inputs. Appreciate it.

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here