Votes |
Vendors who can restore units after a pipe Break - Chicago

Mark Ainley
Property Manager
Pro Member
  • Property Manager
  • Roselle, IL (Chicago Suburb)
Posted Jan 12 2018, 04:08

Morning All, we took over a 3 flat for management last week and it had frozen pipes the day we took it over.  With the prior management company failing to keep electric in their name leading up to the turnover it resulted the units had no heat either and it resulted in 37 pipe breaks across one three flat.  This has made for a huge trash out and removal of wet drywall everywhere while drying the place out.  I have had out 2 restoration companies both with price tags that blow me away.  Now I am in the opinion restoration companies are priced and built to work with insurance companies but this owner has a policy that doesnt have pipe break coverage so he is out of pocket 100%.  ***ADVICE CHECK YOUR INSURANCE POLICY FOR PIPE BREAK COVERAGE

I am looking to see if anyone in the BP community has a referral for someone that can get this type of work done without the price-tag of a restoration company.  Looking to get this work done as soon as next week.  

Keywords: Chicago / Woodlawn / South Shore / Hyde Park / Bronzeville / South Chicago / Deering / Greater Grand Crossing / Loop

GC Realty & Development LLC Logo

Loading replies...