• Rental Property Investor
  • Richmond, VA
Votes |
Flooring Fiasco.. not sure what to do now

Amy H.
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Richmond, VA
Posted Dec 9 2018, 18:22

I closed on my first rental property last month and I have one issue that everyone said would be an easy repair but I am having an issue finding a contractor/company to fix this hardwood floor issue. I am locating in a county north of Richmond, Virginia. The house has hardwood flooring through the whole home, besides the kitchen and bathroom. The living room hardwood floor has buckled a substantial amount in one area. We were told by the inspector that it was a moisture issue but we put in insulation and moisture barrier and a dehumidifier after closing and still the hump remains. We have repaired and replaced subfloors in other areas of the house (kitchen and bathroom) but I am afraid to try this myself seeing as it's hardwood. I don't want to cost myself more money by making the situation worse at this point. 

I received many recommendations from friends and colleagues and every company I have reached out to say they only repair floors that they installed. I've reached out to over 8 companies at this point. I'd rather not just reach out to a handyman company for the risk of them ruining the flooring. 

Does anyone have a recommendation for a flooring company that can fix this buckling in Richmond, VA or the surrounding area. I am trying to attach photos to show how large the buckling is but I am having issues attaching the photos.

Loading replies...