Price to replace polybutylene pipes

6 Replies

I placed an offer for a property in Greensboro, NC. On the property disclosure I noticed the pipes are made of polybutylene. How much is it usually to replace polybutylene pipes on a house with 1 bathroom?

What's kind of foundation? Is it a crawl space or a slab? Slab is going to be a little more expensive. A one bathroom wouldn't cost too much money for a plumber to come out and replace as long as they don't have to start tearing up walls and what not. If it has a crawl space maybe anywhere from 500-1500 bucks. It's hard to tell without seeing the property. Shoot me a message if you need a plumber in the  area. Your realtor should be able to give you a trusted contractor as well. I'm in Greensboro. 

What's kind of foundation? Is it a crawl space or a slab? Slab is going to be a little more expensive. A one bathroom wouldn't cost too much money for a plumber to come out and replace as long as they don't have to start tearing up walls and what not. If it has a crawl space maybe anywhere from 500-1500 bucks. It's hard to tell without seeing the property. Shoot me a message if you need a plumber in the  area. Your realtor should be able to give you a trusted contractor as well. I'm in Greensboro. 

I was trying to estimate the cause of replacing it to be proactive. I just don’t want to deal with water damage if it breaks. I was told some insurance companies will not cover properties with poly. 
Originally posted by @Mark Fries :

@Tiffany Williams

Why change it? Some insurance carriers will still cover it.

Thanks Jason. I’ll be reaching out to you soon 
Originally posted by @Jason Coleman :

I currently have three sfr with polybutylene plumbing and thankfully haven't had an issue with any of them. Pex can be spliced into the PB for any problem areas. Two are on a slab and one on a crawl.