Votes
Mohammed Washim
  • Atlanta, GA
Votes |
Formal Letter for incomplete and delay of work for Contractors

Mohammed Washim
  • Atlanta, GA
Posted Nov 19 2019, 08:57

I signed a contract with a GC  dated 09/19/2019 to start work on a project and deadline to be completed by 10/23/2019. he missed this deadline, asked for an extension until end of the month, gave it to him. Bu, now i's been 3 weeks later and He's still not done with work on the inside of the house nor the exterior, my concern is that I have already given him money and am too invested at the moment, gave upwards of 80 percent of total contract agreement because he requested two additional payment to be able to finish at the end of October which he did not. and here we are, with the house incomplete and I'm forced to live in unlivable conditions because because of his affirmation, I terminated my lease at the end of October and have been forced to live in unlivable conditions at my home, separated from family because I could not have them living with me in these horrendous conditions. does anyone have any advice to ensure that he completes everything from the original contract or how do I enforce that he is held liable for expenses for finding another contractor and expenses that I have incurred because of his delay in completion the project within the deadline. Can anyone provide me with a legally binding template so I cover my losses and make him pay for all hardship and expenses if he doesn't complete by the 27th of November, I gave him a final complaint letter with a deadline to complete the project, both interior and exterior work. I would like to know how to legally go about recouping my losses from the GC if he doesn't stick to this deadline of the 27th? thank you, BP.

Loading replies...