BiggerPockets Podcast Announcement

BiggerPockets Podcast Announcement

Denver, CO · Member since 2019 · 11 posts · 68 votes

Brandon Turner dropped some big news today on the podcast! 

Since 2012, when Brandon started co-hosting the podcast with BiggerPockets' founder Josh Dorkin, he has impacted and inspired millions of real estate investors. Starting in 2022, Brandon is stepping away from the podcast to spend more time with his family and focus on his business, Open Door Capital. After almost a decade of hosting the BiggerPockets podcast, and building his real estate portfolio, we're excited for him to enjoy the things he's been championing—personal freedom and financial flexibility. 

Although it’s impossible to replace Brandon, we have some amazing hosts lined up to step in starting early 2022 and we’re excited to announce them soon. For now, go and listen to Brandon’s full announcement on the latest BiggerPockets podcast and let’s celebrate Brandon’s achievements and impact below!

63Reply
275 views

Most Popular Reply

Brian BurkePro Member
Investor · Santa Rosa, CA · Member since 2012 · 2k+ posts · 7k+ votes
4y

I remember years ago when @Brandon Turner and @Joshua D. called me and told me they were going to do a podcast and asked me if I’d want to be a guest on it. I was like, “what’s a podcast?”  Next thing I knew I was the guest on show #3.

I think I’ve been on five times now, plus one brief cameo—and I can say without hesitation that podcast changed my life. Suffice it to say I now know what a podcast is. :)

This show came a long way since it’s early days and I congratulate Brandon on not only making that show the #1 podcast in the real estate space but also his own career path that has given him the freedom to make this decision.  The impact he’s made on countless lives will not be forgotten.  Congratulations my friend!

See this reply in the discussion

38 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Stephen KeigheryBusiness Member
    Rental Property Investor · New Orleans, LA · Member since 2018 · 716 posts · 555 votes
    4y

    We will miss Beardy Brandon

    Home Buyer Louisiana4.855 Reviews
  • Rental Property Investor · Phoenix/Lima, Arizona/OH · Member since 2012 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    4y

    It's an end of an era - most certainly. The spirit and intent of BiggerPackets as a platform is encapsulated in the podcast through Brandon. David is fabulously intelligent and I am sure the show will do amazing going forward. 

    I remember the early days. Like @Brian Burke I had no idea what a podcast was. But, I had been watching Brandon turn everything he touched on this site into gold, so when the guys asked me to come on in 2013, I was so excited. That was the first of 4 appearances.

    Folks, my feelings for BP are a mixed bag, and nowadays I discuss them with Scott more so than anyone else. The reality, however, is that there is a written and audio-visual record of my development as a real estate operator on this website. This is really quite amazing. My every step and every developmental stage is curated here. It's almost like this community saw things in me that I didn't even see in myself, for which I m grateful. 

    It's truly surreal what has been accomplished here, and Brandon was such an integral part of it all. Those are some big shoes to fill, but I am pulling for David!

  • Real Estate Agent · Goleta, CA · Member since 2017 · 73 posts · 92 votes
    4y

    Congratulations @Brandon Turner you have changed so many lives including mine for the better. You are a positive domino effect, because of you I pushed myself outside the box and through my comfort zone. I met so many people in this forum that have also changed my life for the better because of you. So I am forever grateful. I wish you all the love and success in your future endeavors.

  • New to Real Estate · Dallas, TX · Member since 2021 · 7 posts · 4 votes
    4y

    Man I was just getting started and am learning so much. All the best to Brandon and hope things continue as they have been. I feel like I have so much to learn. 

  • New to Real Estate · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2020 · 13 posts · 3 votes
    4y

    I'm not the first to say it and I know I'm definitely not the last. @Brandon Turner will be missed by so many. He's inspired so many beginner, intermediate and experienced investors!


    After many years of contributing to the Podcast, he's added so much great value and knowledge. But there comes a time when you move onto other things, whether that may be giving back to your family or contributing your time to a new endeavor, and I believe this is that point in time for him. 


    Excited to see when he stars on the podcast as a guest... and hoping he will still attend the future BP conferences. To best of luck, Brandon!

  • Rental Property Investor · Lehigh Valley, PA · Member since 2021 · 1 post · 0 votes
    4y

    @Brandon Turner - Thank you for all the years of service, the knowledge that you have shared with us all this time and the inspiration. Your positive attitude and energy will be missed for sure. Best wishes with everything:-)

  • Investor · Hollywood, FL · Member since 2013 · 37 posts · 20 votes
    4y

    @Brandon Turner Thank you so much for the inspirations, words of wisdom, share of knowledge, amazing attitude, book recommendations, the books you and your wife wrote,  all the things you taught us, the fun we had listening to the podcasts, the the laughs and jokes between you and Josh Dorkin and David, the techniques, the real estate mindset, and the growth  you yourself experienced while teaching us the exact things you were doing. Thank you for being Authentic, You are a real inspiration and I hope the best for you and your family! You will be greatly missed!

  • Zach LemasterBusiness Member
    Rental Property Investor · Denver, CO · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    4y

    @Brandon Turner

    Thank you for the many years of education, insight & banter!  You will be missed!  Congratulations on all the success!

  • Shiloh LundahlPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Gilbert, AZ · Member since 2016 · 3k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    4y

    I also want to just say that you to @Brandon Turner and @David Greene and @Mindy Jensen for the podcasts.  I have learned a ton from them.  And I also appreciate the opportunity that I had to be a guest on episode #287.  It definitely elevated my investing career and gave me opportunities to connect with some great people.  

    It has been a good run Brandon.  I hope to continue to connect with you in other circles.

  • Investor · Malakoff, TX · Member since 2017 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    4y

    "Spend more time with his family". Sounds like a politician. LOL

  • Investor · Orlando FL · Member since 2018 · 64 posts · 69 votes
    4y

    I can say that this podcast has also changed my life, giving me a much wider platform and credibility to grow my business. I've met so many new people, and the biggest deal I did last year was funded by partners I met after my episode was published, so I'm serious when I say the network from connecting guests with listeners is huge! Thank you to Brandon for dedicating so much of your life to helping us build our businesses: it truly is a team sport

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.