• Real Estate Investor
  • London
Votes |
Software request

Account Closed
  • Real Estate Investor
  • London
Posted Aug 3 2008, 10:54

Hopefully this is the right forum for a software request.

When I reply to a post I might want to follow the subsequent discussion in the thread. I have the option of having an email notification sent to me. I also can look for threads that have new replies; any and all so not exactly what I am interested in.

On the Motley Fool site (US or UK) they have a facility where you can see all the replies to any posts you have made. Only replies that were directly made to something I post. You can also set a thread to be one you are interested in or set other threads to ignore.

The effect on the MF site is I can focus on threads that I have determined are of interest and I can see if someone is posting a reply to a specific comment I made. That way I do not overlook something people might have been asking me (rude to do so). It also means that when I come back I can optimize my time on the site by not checking threads I already know I have no interest in.

A final item is the ability to ignore individuals and anything they post. On the MF there are some folks with very polarized views of the markets, etc. If you know their position there is no need to continue to read what they post as they do not change their view. You can set them on ignore and if you do then when you check to see what is new since your last visit their posts are not listed. If you want to check individual comments they have made or if they responded directly to one of your posts you can still see what you need.

So, any views on the above? I can not see similar features here on this site. Is there something that I have overlooked? If not would it be reasonable to expect enhancements in the future that might provide a similar set of capabilities?

John Corey

Loading replies...