New BiggerPockets feature; Cross Sell..... What is it?

Most Popular Reply

Andrew SyriosPro Member
Moderator
Residential Real Estate Investor · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2014 · 10k+ posts · 5k+ votes
1y
Quote from @James Wise:
Quote from @Andrew Syrios:
Quote from @James Wise:

@Moderators what's this new Cross Sell feature?


 Whatever it is, it sounds cool


I feel you bro. I wanna cross sell some stuff.


 I'll cross sell your face 

See this reply in the discussion

25 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Jonathan GreeneBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Madison, NJ · Member since 2016 · 6k+ posts · 7k+ votes
    1y

    I have never seen that or heard of it. Let me find out.

  • Nathan GesnerBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Broker · Cody, WY · Member since 2010 · 28k+ posts · 41k+ votes
    1y
    Quote from @James Wise:

    @Moderators what's this new Cross Sell feature?

    They've been churning out a lot of changes lately, but they don't tell us what they are.

    The DIY Landlord Book4.7248 Reviews
  • Rene HosmanPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Denver, CO · Member since 2024 · 583 posts · 653 votes
    1y
    Quote from @James Wise:

    @Moderators what's this new Cross Sell feature?

     Good question James! Will look into this but I think it may be a mistake. Thanks for reporting!

    BiggerPockets
  • Andrew SyriosPro Member
    Moderator
    Residential Real Estate Investor · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2014 · 10k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    1y
    Quote from @James Wise:

    @Moderators what's this new Cross Sell feature?


     Whatever it is, it sounds cool

  • Real Estate Broker · Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH · Member since 2013 · 30k+ posts · 20k+ votes
    1y
    Quote from @Andrew Syrios:
    Quote from @James Wise:

    @Moderators what's this new Cross Sell feature?


     Whatever it is, it sounds cool


    I feel you bro. I wanna cross sell some stuff.

  • Rental Property Investor · Northern NJ · Member since 2019 · 672 posts · 677 votes
    1y

    It’s the new word for wholesaling. Say good bye to the negative connotations of wholesaling, hello to cross selling. 

  • Nathan GesnerBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Broker · Cody, WY · Member since 2010 · 28k+ posts · 41k+ votes
    1y
    Quote from @James Wise:

    The term "cross selling" is used when you sell related products. Order a burger, and they will try to sell you fries or a shake. Buy a single-family home, and someone tries to sell you on property management or insurance.

    The DIY Landlord Book4.7248 Reviews
  • Andrew SyriosPro Member
    Moderator
    Residential Real Estate Investor · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2014 · 10k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    1y
    Quote from @James Wise:
    Quote from @Andrew Syrios:
    Quote from @James Wise:

    @Moderators what's this new Cross Sell feature?


     Whatever it is, it sounds cool


    I feel you bro. I wanna cross sell some stuff.


     I'll cross sell your face 

  • Real Estate Broker · Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH · Member since 2013 · 30k+ posts · 20k+ votes
    1y
    Quote from @Andrew Syrios:
    Quote from @James Wise:
    Quote from @Andrew Syrios:
    Quote from @James Wise:

    @Moderators what's this new Cross Sell feature?


     Whatever it is, it sounds cool


    I feel you bro. I wanna cross sell some stuff.


     I'll cross sell your face 


     bruhhhhhhhh

  • JD MartinBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Rock Star Extraordinaire · Northeast, TN · Member since 2015 · 10k+ posts · 16k+ votes
    1y
    Quote from @James Wise:
    Quote from @Andrew Syrios:
    Quote from @James Wise:
    Quote from @Andrew Syrios:
    Quote from @James Wise:

    @Moderators what's this new Cross Sell feature?


     Whatever it is, it sounds cool


    I feel you bro. I wanna cross sell some stuff.


     I'll cross sell your face 


     bruhhhhhhhh


     I think it's something special put together just for you. I'd click it and see what happens :)

    Skyline Properties
    View Page
  • Real Estate Broker · Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH · Member since 2013 · 30k+ posts · 20k+ votes
    1y
    Quote from @JD Martin:
    Quote from @James Wise:
    Quote from @Andrew Syrios:
    Quote from @James Wise:
    Quote from @Andrew Syrios:
    Quote from @James Wise:

    @Moderators what's this new Cross Sell feature?


     Whatever it is, it sounds cool


    I feel you bro. I wanna cross sell some stuff.


     I'll cross sell your face 


     bruhhhhhhhh


     I think it's something special put together just for you. I'd click it and see what happens :)


     It's gone now. Party's over.

  • Investor · Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2013 · 8k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    1y

    Would have been a good title for a forum thread for people looking to do direct exchanges. (Like a 1031) skipping all the middlemen. 

    I have a property like this in this place. I’d like to trade it for this kind of property in this place. 

  • V.G JasonPro Member
    Investor · Member since 2022 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    1y
    Quote from @James Wise:
    Quote from @JD Martin:
    Quote from @James Wise:
    Quote from @Andrew Syrios:
    Quote from @James Wise:
    Quote from @Andrew Syrios:
    Quote from @James Wise:

    @Moderators what's this new Cross Sell feature?


     Whatever it is, it sounds cool


    I feel you bro. I wanna cross sell some stuff.


     I'll cross sell your face 


     bruhhhhhhhh


     I think it's something special put together just for you. I'd click it and see what happens :)


     It's gone now. Party's over.


     Looks like they cross sold the feature.

    Can BP please allow the feature to where if you quote someone, their actual  message is quoted too? Or maybe we can do that I'm just too incompetent with technology to understand how to do it?

  • Investor · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 708 votes
    1y
    Quote from @V.G Jason:
    Quote from @James Wise:
    Quote from @JD Martin:
    Quote from @James Wise:
    Quote from @Andrew Syrios:
    Quote from @James Wise:
    Quote from @Andrew Syrios:
    Quote from @James Wise:

    @Moderators what's this new Cross Sell feature?


     Whatever it is, it sounds cool


    I feel you bro. I wanna cross sell some stuff.


     I'll cross sell your face 


     bruhhhhhhhh


     I think it's something special put together just for you. I'd click it and see what happens :)


     It's gone now. Party's over.


     Looks like they cross sold the feature.

    Can BP please allow the feature to where if you quote someone, their actual  message is quoted too? Or maybe we can do that I'm just too incompetent with technology to understand how to do it?


     Just click on thelittle black triangle to the left of the name

  • V.G JasonPro Member
    Investor · Member since 2022 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    1y
    Quote from @Andrew S.:
    Quote from @V.G Jason:
    Quote from @James Wise:
    Quote from @JD Martin:
    Quote from @James Wise:
    Quote from @Andrew Syrios:
    Quote from @James Wise:
    Quote from @Andrew Syrios:
    Quote from @James Wise:

    @Moderators what's this new Cross Sell feature?


     Whatever it is, it sounds cool


    I feel you bro. I wanna cross sell some stuff.


     I'll cross sell your face 


     bruhhhhhhhh


     I think it's something special put together just for you. I'd click it and see what happens :)


     It's gone now. Party's over.


     Looks like they cross sold the feature.

    Can BP please allow the feature to where if you quote someone, their actual  message is quoted too? Or maybe we can do that I'm just too incompetent with technology to understand how to do it?


     Just click on thelittle black triangle to the left of the name


     Ok, so clearly I am incompetent. Appreciate the help.

  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    1y
    Quote from @Andrew S.:
    Quote from @V.G Jason:
    Quote from @James Wise:
    Quote from @JD Martin:
    Quote from @James Wise:
    Quote from @Andrew Syrios:
    Quote from @James Wise:
    Quote from @Andrew Syrios:
    Quote from @James Wise:

    @Moderators what's this new Cross Sell feature?


     Whatever it is, it sounds cool


    I feel you bro. I wanna cross sell some stuff.


     I'll cross sell your face 


     bruhhhhhhhh


     I think it's something special put together just for you. I'd click it and see what happens :)


     It's gone now. Party's over.


     Looks like they cross sold the feature.

    Can BP please allow the feature to where if you quote someone, their actual  message is quoted too? Or maybe we can do that I'm just too incompetent with technology to understand how to do it?


     Just click on thelittle black triangle to the left of the name


    andrew thanks for that tip I was wondering how you get that info to drop down !!!!
  • Investor · Greenville, SC · Member since 2016 · 5k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    1y

    I'm not a fan of the triangle.  It makes the dialogue more between the two members rather than with the whole membership (unless you take extra steps to click on every triangle).

    • Technology · Dallas, TX · Member since 2022 · 462 posts · 296 votes
      1y

      @Mike Dymski gotcha. We may roll it back in the next few weeks. Yall are not the first to take issue with it.

      BiggerPockets
  • Dan H.Pro Member
    Investor · Poway, CA · Member since 2015 · 7k+ posts · 8k+ votes
    1y
    Quote from @Aaron Breckenridge:

    @Mike Dymski gotcha. We may roll it back in the next few weeks. Yall are not the first to take issue with it.


    I like the triangle. I can expand it if i desire, but it minimizes the size of the post. Also i thought immediately that the triangle would expand the selection.


    i hope it does not go away.

  • Rental Property Investor · Perry Hall, MD · Member since 2016 · 587 posts · 599 votes
    1y

    @James Wise you're not a moderator?

  • Nathan GesnerBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Broker · Cody, WY · Member since 2010 · 28k+ posts · 41k+ votes
    1y
    Quote from @Jon K.:

    @James Wise you're not a moderator?

    He used to be a moderator. Then he got "too cool for school" and became a free man again.

    When you click the quote button, you can delete any text you don't want to include and only leave the text you do want to quote. It drives me nuts when everyone quotes a five-page post just to address one sentence, then the next person quotes both, then the next person quotes all three, etc.

    The DIY Landlord Book4.7248 Reviews
  • Real Estate Broker · Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH · Member since 2013 · 30k+ posts · 20k+ votes
    1y
    Quote from @Jon K.:

    @James Wise you're not a moderator?


     I was for a couple years. I am retired now.

  • Real Estate Broker · Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH · Member since 2013 · 30k+ posts · 20k+ votes
    1y
    Quote from @Dan H.:
    Quote from @Aaron Breckenridge:

    @Mike Dymski gotcha. We may roll it back in the next few weeks. Yall are not the first to take issue with it.


    I like the triangle. I can expand it if i desire, but it minimizes the size of the post. Also i thought immediately that the triangle would expand the selection.


    i hope it does not go away.

     I like the triangle too. Without it, quoted replies were huge. The page was so cluttered. Perhaps instead of a triangle they should put a button with the word "expand" in there so it's more obvious to the less tech savy crowd.

  • Remington LymanBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Columbus, OH · Member since 2017 · 6k+ posts · 7k+ votes
    1y
    Quote from @Aaron Breckenridge:

    @Mike Dymski gotcha. We may roll it back in the next few weeks. Yall are not the first to take issue with it.


     I like the triangle. It feels more organized and easier to follow the thread

  • Realtor · Boulder, CO · Member since 2016 · 3k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    1y

    "Cross selling" is _________________:

    a) When you go to your sales job wearing clothes more typically worn by the opposite gender.

    b) Just like it sounds: literally selling crucifixes. 

    c) A strategy wherein a business strives to encourage existing customers to purchase adjacent products complementary to an item that the customer has already bought in a prior transaction, or is currently on the verge of purchasing.

    d) All of the above.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.