Forum FAQ/tutorial

3 Replies

Can someone please provide a link to one. I really would like to know how to tag people outside of a particular thread as well as provide blue links with out all the extra crap for example when Brandon links to all of the sources for new people like the Ultimate Beginners guide and what not.

Hello @Ethan Bowen ! You can only tag another member if you're a colleague of their's. Such as right now I can ask @Brandon Turner to come check out this post even though he's not part of it yet. This is an important reason to network on BP. For me to actually bring in Brandon like I did, I first typed an @ and then with no spaces started to type out his name as it appears here on BP. Down below where I'm writing at the moment all my colleagues that are named Brandon show up and then I click on the Brandon that I wanted to bring into this post.

Now for providing links in a fancy way, say to the Beginner's Guide to Real Estate investing all you need to do is first highlight the words that you want to be the link to the area. After you've highlighted the words right above where you write this and where it says Message Body you'll find a number options of what you can do with your writing, just like on a program like Microsoft Word, or an email program. The very last one to right looks like a chain link. If you click on that after you've highlighted the words you'll be able to attach a link to another place.

Hopefully this will help you out!

Hey @Ethan Bowen I hope to be building a whole new video tutorial page very soon... keep an eye out!

Ah! Thanks Darren! much appreciated! And I'm looking forward to the video Brandon.

Thanks again!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.