Ask your questions in the Forums

4 Replies

Each and every day, I receive PM messages from members asking questions. Many of the questions are great (none are bad or stupid, no such thing as a stupid question, only a stupid answer, so Do Not be afraid to ask questions!) and as I answer, often more questions come back which I then do my best to answer. As stated, many of these are so great, but the problem is, only the one member asking the question along with myself gets the ability to read and view it. Often, I wish I could convert the entire PM into a thread for the benefit of all (perhaps a future programming function for @Joshua Dorkin  )

With that said, I really encourage all members, both new to BP, new to investing, I seasoned vets to ask their questions in the forums so not only one person can answer, but many providing better feedback with many points of views on questions where they consist of opinions and experience rather than simple facts.

Clearly there are cases where the question is much more of a personal and private issue and not as appropriate fir public forum view, therefore, these types of questions should remain in a private PM ore email.

I still encourage those to PM me, but I do suggest to all that they use the forums as often as possible as you will certainly get much more out if it! Happy Investing and learning to ALL!

Completely agreed...

Except for the dating and marriage proposals -- I still prefer to receive those privately...

Originally posted by @J Scott:

Completely agreed...

Except for the dating and marriage proposals -- I still prefer to receive those privately...

LMAO! I can't agree more with J on that. Keep that on the DL J and make sure to periodically change your BP password, hint hint.

I don't ever answer real estate questions on PM -- as a policy, I always direct them to the forums so everyone can benefit.

Originally posted by @Joshua Dorkin :

I don't ever answer real estate questions on PM -- as a policy, I always direct them to the forums so everyone can benefit.

Perhaps a good policy, but there are times when it is not appropriate live on the forms. Either way, I had no such policy and have tried to answer everybody's questions. I did create this post to strongly encourage members to ask in the forums so I hope this thread accomplishes that. Perhaps a sticky may help @Joshua Dorkin 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here