How to find a admin on BP?

7 Replies

I need assistance navigating thru BP to find a admin to answer my question and fix my account. 

I have already emailed the contact us deal yesterday but I didnt want to wait til tomorrow to get a answer. 

All I did is go to network/find friends and it showed me many in my area so I did 2 colleague request and the 3rd one locked me out and says im banned for being a spammer. TURN DOWN FOR WHAT? This makes me want to upgrade to pro real SLOW

I would send a msg to @Joshua Dorkin.  He responds quickly and does a great job w/ the site.  Controlling spam is an important part of why BP is so great so some controls need to be in place.

I agree with @Pete T., but I will also say that I had an issue earlier in the week, used the "contact us" form, and once they sent the initial reply (it was within 24 hours, but much less than 24 if I remember correctly), they were awesome about carrying on the dialogue until we found a solution. Once we started talking, the trouble shooting started happening immediately, and the final answer happened shortly after that.  

Best of luck @Jeff Smith !

Thanks for your help @Jaren Barnes, 

but the system is just way over sensitive. I changed my message from the original one (basically just says who i am) tried 3 more colleague request and it banned me again. Seriously? I want to become more involved with bigger pockets but as the viral quote says "Aint nobody got time for that" Im here to say Im just networking not trying to sell people products or any junk like that, I am the President of my local REIA and have a heart for teaching, like Josh and Brandon, I listen to their podcast all the time. So either loosen the reigns a bit or loose a good investor.

@Jeff Smith  - I'm guessing the PM from @Jaren Barnes  had details explaining that you must personalize your private messages, and failure to do so can and will result in a ban.  If you don't have time to personalize your private messages, then you won't be able to send them. We've lifted the ban, but if it happens again, the ban will stay. Take the time to send something personal and you shouldn't have any issues.

Do also note that sending ANY form of ad or solicitation or doing any kind of dealmaking to people through colleague requests are grounds for a ban.

Follow these guidelines and you won't have any problems.

Thank you.

Medium fbprofileJoshua Dorkin, BiggerPockets | http://www.biggerpockets.com | Podcast Guest on Show #100

Do like I do. Just say can I connect with you not a life history.

Joe Gore

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you