iPhone app keeps crashing

18 Replies

I've upgraded to OS 8 and now whenever I use the bigger pockets app on my phone it crashes. I can open the app and the latest forums will load but as soon as I click to view the topic, the app crashes. 

Anyone else running into this problem? 

I have the problem on iOS 7.x, as I haven't upgraded yet.  However, it only happens on longer threads, when I get about 1/2 way through.

@Dana Chen  I have had the same problem since upgrading to ios8 on a 5c. I am trying to get used to using the site on my iPhone again, not too bad.

@Hattie Dizmond  and @Jon Lafferty  I didn't have any problems until I upgraded to OS8, I guess I will go back to using the site on safari until an update is made for the app.  I just wanted to make sure it wasn't just my phone.  Anyone we should tell at bigger pockets?

I'm sure Josh, Brandon &/or Jaren monitor this category regularly.  No worries!

I have the same issue now that I have iPhone 6.  Crashes every time. Kinda stinks the app is way easier to navigate on the phone.

Hey all - we are aware that there is an issue with the new iOs8 and the BP app and are working to fix it. It might be a week or two before it gets totally updated, so if you use the BP app - and haven't upgraded yet- wait!

Thanks all!

@Brandon Turner  thank you! another reason why bigger pockets is awesome - you guys are always on top of things

I have to go use safari for the time being. Hopefully the app gets fixed quick! 

@Brandon Turner  

Any chance of an update that allows the user to always stay logged in??

Id post more if I didn't have to log in every time.

Hey @Brandon Hicks  - interesting, mine has always kept me logged in. I wonder if that might be some kind of cookie thing on your end or if others are dealing with that as well? 

and we have officially hired a new developer, starting next week, who will be tackling this project first! So thanks for the patience, everyone! You all rock! 

@Brandon Turner - I actually have the same problem. The app also logs me out constantly.

Hopefully the new app won't have that problem and the crash problem. My iPhone is brand and BP app was one of the first apps i downloaded so definitely nothing with the cookies.

Hopefully, BP HQ this issues fixed. Although this is bringing back to the good ol' days of a pager (which I never had). I can get the  key word alerts, but if I want to see the post I have go to a computer.

Also does the app allow to view messages? I can't seem to view them.

i just bought my new iphone 6 and when I click on a post in the forum the app crashes. it wont even open. the loading sign pops up and then the page shuts down.

I'm not sure about others, but I am still experiencing app crashing issues using iphone 6 and iOS 8 and also iphone 5 and iOS 7

It's crashing for me too. Does going to the new update help? Not sure if I should update or not.

Mine keeps crashing as well.  I'm sure the guys have a fix in the works....

There is a new update that just posted that addresses this bug.

My app seems to be working as I on my iPhone 5 now, however, the podcast is loading forever and then stopping. Kinda sucks. Music player is working. Thanx for being on top of it Brandon & Josh. ;-)
Ciao, Robbin

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.