Some Awesome Press for BiggerPockets & Founder Joshua Dorkin

Some Awesome Press for BiggerPockets & Founder Joshua Dorkin

Joshua D.Pro Member
BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes

Hey Guys - 

I'm not sure that I shared this with you guys, but a few weeks back there was a great 3 page feature article in a magazine called REI Voice about me and BiggerPockets that I thought I'd share with all of you.

Check it out:

Special thanks to @Geraldine Barry for the fantastic write up.

Let me know your thoughts!

23Reply
36 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Queen Creek, AZ · Member since 2013 · 368 posts · 191 votes
12y

Josh,

Great read, that was truly inspirational and I agree with your philosophy on family first. Family is the most important institution. It's great that you worked with kids in challenging situations. I understand how difficult it is working with children with multiple diagnosis, this was how I got started in REI my family started by working with homeless kids. My grandmother purchased a 49 acre farm just for that reason, and when we reached capacity there we started purchasing houses from our city and converted them into transitional living facilities.

Koodoos to you Josh thank you 

See this reply in the discussion

36 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Queen Creek, AZ · Member since 2013 · 368 posts · 191 votes
    12y

    Josh,

    Great read, that was truly inspirational and I agree with your philosophy on family first. Family is the most important institution. It's great that you worked with kids in challenging situations. I understand how difficult it is working with children with multiple diagnosis, this was how I got started in REI my family started by working with homeless kids. My grandmother purchased a 49 acre farm just for that reason, and when we reached capacity there we started purchasing houses from our city and converted them into transitional living facilities.

    Koodoos to you Josh thank you 

  • Real Estate Broker · Triangle Area, NC · Member since 2012 · 587 posts · 214 votes
    12y

    @Joshua D. 

    That's an awesome write-up. I didn't know you were an actor. I knew you looked familiar! I must say that, like many others, without this site I'd be lost in the world of REI and likely would have been duped by a guru sooner or later. From the bottom of my heart, I truly appreciate you for bringing this platform. You deserve all the good that has and will undoubtedly continue to come to you in life. There's gotta be a word combination besides thank you to express my gratitude but until I find it, I hope that my sincerest thank you will suffice. Keep doing what you do brother.

  • Charleston, SC · Member since 2014 · 8 posts · 3 votes
    12y

    Great article! Thank you Josh and the rest of the BP team for making REI information so accessible.

  • Specialist · Portland, OR · Member since 2010 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    12y

    Great tribute! I love that "punk approach to education."

  • Specialist · Kirkland, WA · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 817 votes
    12y

    @J. Martin -- Look he's doing that "Cloud" thingy again.  

    All kidding aside, @Joshua D. everyone of us who have made deals, connections, money, gained knowledge from BP truly owe you debt for having a dream and making it a reality.

  • Real Estate Investor · Colorado Spring, CO · Member since 2011 · 17 posts · 4 votes
    12y

    Great read!

  • Rental Property Investor · San Jose, CA · Member since 2013 · 486 posts · 170 votes
    12y

    @Joshua D.  well done sir! I'm happy to see that you're receiving recognition for all of your hard work.

    You can use that pic if you decide to become a zen master. Remove the text and insert "Josh Dorkin: The path to spiritual enlightenment"

  • Investor · Longview, TX · Member since 2012 · 631 posts · 186 votes
    12y

    @Joshua D. Way to Go Josh!  I really do not know how I found Bigger Pockets but without it,min would NEVER  have been able to do what we do for our fellow man and bring needed funds to support our family.  Your drive, beliefs and success is a great way to Live Life.  Thank You Brother.  

  • Investor · Arlington, VA · Member since 2012 · 84 posts · 27 votes
    12y

    @Joshua D.

    What a great read about the man behind the vision. Actor. Realtor. School teacher. Real estate investor. Entrepreneur. Parent. An all-around success!

    Thank you for having the guts to create the site; many people have reaped the benefits of your vision. 

  • Investor · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2013 · 348 posts · 128 votes
    12y

    What a stud.  He's like the Frank Sinatra of our generation.  He does it all.

  • Specialist · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2011 · 698 posts · 629 votes
    12y

    Nice article @Joshua D. ! Recognition and publicity - all good things.  Thanks for expanding and developing Biggerpockets. 

  • Real Estate Agent · Pittsburgh, PA · Member since 2014 · 81 posts · 56 votes
    12y

    @Joshua D. 

    Great article!  It proves that with a vision and hard work that you can achieve anything you desire.

  • San Antonio, TX · Member since 2009 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    12y

    Very cool, congrats @Joshua D. ! :) 

  • Investor · Eureka, CA · Member since 2014 · 233 posts · 222 votes
    12y

    An excellent article and an awesome journey. Congrats @Joshua D. ! Thanks for the read!

  • William BeckPro Member
    Investor · New Providence, NJ · Member since 2013 · 38 posts · 14 votes
    12y

    Great article! I'm sure it feels good to see recognition for your hard work and it is well deserved. Thanks for creating this wonderful resource. 

  • Homeowner · Pittsburgh, PA · Member since 2014 · 854 posts · 511 votes
    12y

    Great read but I feel cheated since 1 of the 3 pages is as shown below.  :-)

  • J. MartinPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Oakland, CA · Member since 2011 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    12y

    @Joshua D. ,

    Great article, and as others said, thanks so much for the site! I made a donation to BP the other day because I appreciate it so much. I was chatting with Geraldine Barry a couple weeks ago and she mentioned you and this article. She was excited about the article. Congrats and thanks for everything Josh!

  • Investor · Cedar Rapids, IA · Member since 2009 · 143 posts · 29 votes
    12y

    Great article @Joshua D. ! I bet it feels great to be getting some recognition for all the work you've done putting BiggerPockets together.

  • Jerry W.Pro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Thermopolis, WY · Member since 2012 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    12y

    Congratulations @Joshua D. ,  getting that excellent recognition is long overdue.  I think the true success of Bigger Pockets is due to 2 factors, first you provide great content. and second it is clear you truly care about people.  Your site not only helps folks but it looks out for them by having moderators who can jump in when someone tries to do some less than scrupulous education pitch.  I understand you do not guarantee any content, no one can in an open forum, but your team clearly works hard to police the site.  Well deserved bud.

  • Denver, CO · Member since 2012 · 350 posts · 175 votes
    12y

    Kudos @Joshua D. !  This is great to see you are getting the publicity that is well earned. You have done a tremendous job using the add massive value model first.  I have made some what I think life long mastermind partners and friends.   I for one am grateful.

  • Real Estate Broker · Johns Creek, GA · Member since 2009 · 870 posts · 664 votes
    12y

    Congratulation @Joshua Dorkin,

    I thought I was reading an article about Pete Flint, founder of Trulia and Spence Rascoff, founder of Zillow. You are truly an amazing entrepreneur, a game changer in REI education who has brought tremendous value to the real estate investing community.

    Bigger Pockets has now become the authoritative source in Real Estate Investing Education.

    Thank you Josh!

  • Investor · Rocktown, IL · Member since 2012 · 238 posts · 69 votes
    12y

    Congratulations @Joshua D. 

    I like the phrasing to the effect that you've made the business of real estate transparent -- man, that says it all. 

    And thanks for daily education venue! 

  • Springfield, MO · Member since 2014 · 252 posts · 117 votes
    12y

    Great article and I completely agree with @Jerry W. We'll said. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Arlington, VA · Member since 2013 · 121 posts · 46 votes
    12y

    What an inspiring story, @Joshua D. !

    It is relatively easy to follow a traditional, ready made career path like the rest of the masses... It requires so much more energy, creativity, sweat, and sheer determination to strike out on the less-traveled path and stick with it despite the many, many challenges and setbacks. 

    As someone who has worked in corporate marketing, as a high school teacher, for an overseas nonprofit, and now for the federal government in vastly different career fields, I know firsthand how difficult it is to constantly reinvent yourself every few years in wildly different career fields. You have managed to take your collective experiences and turn those experiences into a flourishing community of individuals who are improving their own lives and the lives of others in their communities, one property at a time.

    Congratulations on your well-deserved success!

  • Brie SchmidtBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Broker · Chicago, IL · Member since 2013 · 6k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    12y

    What a great article!  You have really built such an amazing community that I am very grateful for!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.