Solicitations in Forum

9 Replies

Are certain Sales Promotions and solicitation allowed by Bigger Pockets in Forum and Market Place?

@Alex Hamilton   any sort of advertising needs to go into the Marketplace.  Solicitations, such as request for lenders, property sellers, wholesalers, business partners or investors also have to go into the Marketplace.  Any sort of solicitation or advertising must be in the Marketplace, not in the discussion forums.

Mr. Holdman, I know that is the Rule but, I see so many Post under forums that come very close to advertising

@Alex Hamilton   sometimes people post things in the forum that are advertising because they are either not aware of the rules or are violating the rules.  Moderators try to help people out and move things to the appropriate spot or remove the posts altogether.

If you see something that is advertising that hasn't been caught yet (as the Moderators are humans, not robots and are as such, not perfect) then click the "Report Abuse" link on the post (on the left side).

Thanks!

Thanks Dawn, that makes sense

The other thing you see is the old FAKE QUESTION trick - such as:

"What is your favorite CRM system for real estate investing?" posted by one dude as his 2nd or 3rd post.  Answered shortly thereafter by another user (maybe his 1st post) with "We love the new REI CRM SUPERSYSTEM by ACME Software!..." followed by many details of how great it is.

@Dev Horn  - that same sort of thing was posted earlier for somebody promoting scripts for wholesalers ... Just call them out on it and see if they go away and hide or whether they take the high road. 

If you see any of this monkey business, please use the report abuse button to bring it to our attention.  @Dev Horn we do try catch that sort of shilling.  And the "I highly recommend blah-de-blah company" when it is in fact their company. 

Hello Mr. Horn:

I'm glad i was not the only one that noticed these advertisements that should be in Market Place.  I placed an advertisement in forums by mistake, being new to the Site.  However, my mistake was removed.  John Holdman also noticed the "monkey business".  We are actively using the abuse button

The moderators on the site are super quick to act when you Report Abuse.  Despite the occasional attempt to game the system, this site is extremely well moderated and maintained.  Good job BP moderators! 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here