BP Photo Profile Upload Fail

14 Replies

I have have been working to add a photo to my profile.  I am able to upload .jpeg and set the position but it does not save to profile.  Any suggestions on how to get the picture to save to my profile.  

@Emily Register

Please try these steps:

1. Clear the cache, cookies and history in your browser. Usually this fixes most browsing problems. Then try to upload your photo again.

2. Try other browsers like Chrome, Firefox, Safari, etc. to access Biggerpockets.com

3. Download our mobile app for iOS/Android. Login in the app and go to profile to update your photo.

4. If it still doesn't work, you can send us your photo ( [email protected] ) and we'll try to upload it on our end.

Hi.  I'm a new BP member and had been struggling with my profile picture as well.  I resized it to 500 pixels and it worked out.  If you have a mac, open the photo file in Preview.  Then go to the dropdown menu Tools.  From there choose the Adjust Size option.  Then just enter in the size.  I used 500 pixels and it worked. If you have a PC, then you can probably do the same thing with another application.

Originally posted by @Rachelle R. :
Should be less than 2MB but if you continue to have issues, please do not hesitate to reach out at s with your photo and we will be happy to upload it for you.

Originally posted by @Clinton Johnson:

@Rachelle R. Thanks for that info. What dimensions does the photo need to be resized to?

From what I can see,  size of the file doesn't seem to matter. Before I resized my profile photo, I tried shrinking the file size to about 300kb and it didn't upload.  My resized smaller dimension photo though is 800kb and it uploaded without a problem. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here