How To Appropriately Contact Local BP Members

3 Replies

So I've posted a couple ads in the Marketplace in order to try and drum up some networking related to real estate management, legal, and development consulting work in the Central Valley, CA.  No real response so I wanted to try and communicate with all the local BP members in my area but really want to be sensitive not to violate any BP policies or just rub folks the wrong way.  Can anyone give me some pointers in this regard?  Much appreciated.

You can PM local colleagues. That seems to work. 

Thanks Chris.  I just didn't want to violate any BP policy or put off any of our members.  I have done that already a few times which is great.  I was just trying to think about how to send something to a group of people based on their interests and geographical location.

@Franklin S.  You cannot send multiple duplicate messaged through our PM system.It will be caught and flagged. It is never appropriate to contact someone you are not colleagues with about any type of deal making or advertising. 

If you are colleagues, it is up to the recipient to decide if what you send is spam or not and you risk being reported by the recipient. Make sure in advance that your colleague will appreciate being offered deals or any type of solicitation. 

We want people here to do business together. We want nobody to feel they are receiving unwanted solicitations. 

Follow that simple guideline and you should be OK

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here