Receive alerts when someone you follow creates a post

6 Replies

Sorry if this has been answered before, but I searched and couldn't find anything. I'd like to get notifications when someone I follow either creates a new post or posts to the forums. Is this possible?

Thank you!

Leonid - That doesn't currently exist. That said, if there's enough interest, perhaps we can add the functionality....

Josh, to me that would be most efficient way to follow someone. Otherwise, you have to go and manually check if any of the people you are following wrote anything new on the site. Hopefully, someone else feels the same way.

I would rather have a separate feed where I can see all of the posts by the people that I follow. Notifications would start to annoy me and I would begin to unfollow people.

Originally posted by @Carson Sweezy :

I would rather have a separate feed where I can see all of the posts by the people that I follow. Notifications would start to annoy me and I would begin to unfollow people.

That is a great idea!

@Joshua Dorkin , This is an old thread, but I feel like something like this would be valuable.  Without it, what is the benefit of following someone?

My thought exactly! I'm new to BP and just followed some people in my community, assuming I'd see updates from them somewhere....but I won't? Bummer. What's the point of following then? I agree with the separate feed idea suggested by @Carson Sweezy

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here