I was just wondering if there has ever been thought to creating forums specifically for particular states or regions. Sometimes we are looking for very specific things that are specific to our home state or region. Just a place where locals can trade ideas on contractor rates, good contractors, places to get supplies, appliances anything else.
I am looking for a good place to get a kitchen appliance package in NE Ohio right now. That is not something the entire BP community really cares about or can even help me on, but maybe if there was just a local OH or Midwest forum a topic like that could get more traction.
If any of the Cleveland/Akron folks on the board have a good suggestion for appliances, I'm all ears. Buying a flip in the snow leaves a few unanswered questions and my appliance budget is getting blown up by the landscaping that needs to be done. Thanks.
This has been suggested before. While a valuable concept, we don't see this coming up in the short to medium term.
In the meantime, here are some great ways to network locally in order to meet investors local to your region:
1) go to www.biggerpockets.com/meet and search for investors near your zip code.
2) be sure to use keywords in your post including local city and state names (you used Akron and Cleveland, which is a great start) - investors are scheduling alerts for these keywords and will be more likely to see your post if you use them appropriately.
3) set up those keywords yourself and connect with people that invest in or are interested in your area. The better you get to know local investors, the more likely you are to be able to find the answer to specific questions like this one!
Hope that helps!
@Scott Trench Thanks.
@Martin Peter I know some people shop the Memorial Day / Any holiday specials at Lowes or the like. I don't know what your timeline is though.
You may want to reach out to Dell Schlabach. He does quite a few rehabs in the Route 8 corridor and down 77 towards Canton. He will probably know of a better place.
Best of luck with your project.
Ryan Arth, Acacia Capital Investment Ltd. | [email protected] | (216) 832‑1935
Free eBook from BiggerPockets!
- Actionable advice for getting started,
- Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
- Learn how to get started with or without money,
- Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
- And a LOT more.
Sign up below to download the eBook for FREE today!
We hate spam just as much as you
You must be a BiggerPockets member to post on the forums
Join the world's largest, most open Real Estate Investing Community online, 100% free forever!