"Accounts closed"

2 Replies

So im more of a lurker than anything around BP but I could help to notice some of these accounts closed people... Some of them were hot and heavy in here, getting into debates some bragging etc then all of a sudden accounts closed. Just an observation, wonder if most of them were just full of bs/fishing or what.

@Rob Z.

Accounts are generally closed for violation of our terms of use.  While we are a forgiving community, the thing I see that most often results in people getting their accounts shut down is either blatant disregard of our no solicitation policy, or a disregard for the spirit of our community over the long haul.  

Bragging, self-congratulatory posts, and snide comments that hint at how much better off others will be after someone's "course" tend to be the most common examples of this "breach of spirit" of our community.  If you've violated our terms, AND have this type of outlook, that's a no brainer decision for me in terms of shutting down an account.

Everyone makes mistakes, but folks that ignore the values here at BiggerPockets and focus on promoting themselves tend not to last long..

@Rob Z. , many of the "accounts closed" have had problems adhering to site policies and things of that nature. BP isn't much on censorship, per se, but is pretty strict on its terms and conditions. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here