How did you find BiggerPockets?

20 Replies

I was searching the Internet for real estate info. 

Google "real estate forums"

I found BP by listening to Grant Cardon podcast.  Love the guy and his energy but I think I am not there yet.  Maybe when I'll get there I will go back in listening to Grant.  But for now listening to BP is more my past, listening to everyone's journey let me know that I can do it.

Was thinking about getting started investing in real estate and found the podcast as a way to learn more

I was destined for law school, a path I didn't want to take. Found real estate, was told I would go broke if I had tenants cause they wouldn't pay rent. So I searched the web for "What to do if tenants don't pay rent" ... and found BP. 

And cool, @Nelya Mushiyeva - that you found us through @Grant Cardone 's show! That man is a beast. 

Medium fbprofileBrandon Turner, BiggerPockets | http://www.BiggerPockets.com | Podcast Guest on Show #92

I was searching for 'how to live with your tenants'  and came across an Investopedia post. The bottom of the post mentioned BiggerPockets, so I checked it out and was hooked by the Podcasts. 

That is where I found out the correct term for what I was searching for was "house hacking" lol. @Brandon Turner

I was on a YouTube binge searching how to invest in real estate when I came across a webinar of Brandon analyzing a property. I had an hour to kill while ironing some clothes for my new job. His insights at the time were mind blowing & it turned out to be an eye opening experience.  I had to check out Bigger Pockets as advised and have been learning ever since.

@Mindy Jensen

I stumbled right into it when I was looking for real estate related things. Schools, events, books all that stuff. Very glad I did, how about you :) 

@Ross Ellington , I was at a conference that Josh Dorkin and Brandon Turner were speaking at. They were talking about web things that didn't pertain to me, but I was sitting in the front row and didn't want to be rude by walking out, so I stayed. And then I checked out BP when I got home. 

I thought it was too good to be true, this community of people, all talking about real estate, but being nice about it. Helpful. Hooray for misreading seminar titles!

Medium fbprofileMindy Jensen, BiggerPockets | [email protected] | https://www.biggerpockets.com | CO Agent # FA100049656 | Podcast Guest on Show #129

I was doing some google searches on the average cost to rehab a property and landed on a forum response where J Scott had answered that question for someone.  I was shocked at the openness and thoroughness of the answer.  I was so convinced that I had somehow made it inside of an expensive members only forum, that I didn't navigate away from the page for fear that I wouldn't get back in.  I couldn't believe that people in the real estate industry would be that forthcoming with their knowledge.

I heard of it when following J.Scott he is another great resource.

lol That's great Mindy. It is a nice place to be :)

I TOOK the left turn at Albuquerque ... it goes to BP

No, really, I was looking for information related to mobile homes and MHP's. It took a few visits before I realized it was a much bigger site about all thing REI.

We had just bought our 4 plex and I was looking on how to introduce ourselves to the tenants and when I did a search I found a landlord blog. This blog had a mention of one of @Brandon Turner post.

I have been hooked since.  I am so glad I found it and wished I had found it sooner.

We'd moved to a new area, and I needed to get up to speed on the market. I was doing searches on REO's, and stumbled upon BP. I thought it was such a great site, and wished that it had been around 30 years ago! I also thought with real estate, development and construction experience I might be of help, so started posting, and I haven't quit! Love this site.

Medium house plansKaren Margrave, Parlay Investments | [email protected] | http://www.parlayinvestments.com | CA Contractor # 680782

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you