What's your opinion on this? Messages via colleague requests

What's your opinion on this? Messages via colleague requests

Rental Property Investor · Savannah, GA · Member since 2013 · 59 posts · 8 votes

Hi members,

I was about to send the following message via colleague request and it occurred to me it might be considered a solicitation. I do not want to break any BP rules so I wanted to get some opinions. The person I was sending it to is an investor in the area of the rehab. 

Hi ___,

We have a rehab property in ____, do you know anyone looking for a rehab project.

Here is the post in Marketplace

-link to post-

Thanks,

Tina

0Reply
14 views

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Guy with Great Hair · Austin, TX · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    11y

    Not sure how other people feel but if you sent me a potential deal, and lived in my area I would be glad to see it. It may not be a deal for me, but I don't think anyone here would argue against getting opportunities. 

    It would be different if you were blasting it to tons of people that AREN'T in your area. 

    To be extra safe, you could simply message these people and let them know you're in their area and what you're doing, then ask if it's ok to send them deals. 

    Good luck!

  • Rental Property Investor · Savannah, GA · Member since 2013 · 59 posts · 8 votes
    11y

    Thanks Alexander, this is helpful. We are all here to help each other do deals and I didn't want to overstep in any way.

    Thanks again :-)

  • Investor · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2015 · 66 posts · 21 votes
    11y

    I wouldn't do it. I've been banned twice for less. Make the request first. Then send a PM after the request is accepted

  • Rental Property Investor · Savannah, GA · Member since 2013 · 59 posts · 8 votes
    11y

    Thanks Justice! good insight, sounds like better safe than sorry is the way to go

  • Real Estate Broker · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2014 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    11y

    Yes. That's the definition of a solicitation. You catch somebody in a bad mood they report it... been fun. 

    Honestly just put up a post in the marketplace. If that doesn't sell it on here... Go elsewhere. 

    Postlets.com/CL are great tools

  • Rental Property Investor · Savannah, GA · Member since 2013 · 59 posts · 8 votes
    11y

    Good points Ryan. Each person can have a different reaction for sure. I knew if I asked the community, I would get great direction.

    Thanks all!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.