Pro Perks(TransUnion SmartMove)

10 Replies

I assume the discount is for every tenant screened, is this correct?

Hello @Matt Sterling

I am a representative with TransUnion SmartMove. The BiggerPockets coupon code for PRO members can be applied for every tenant screened. Thanks!

Originally posted by @Sara Jackson :

Hello @Matt Sterling

I am a representative with TransUnion SmartMove. The BiggerPockets coupon code for PRO members can be applied for every tenant screened. Thanks!

Hey Sara - I have a regular membership with Smart Move (ie, I logon by going to www.mysmartmove.com).  Is there a way to convert this to a Bigger Pockets membership?  When I try to login through Bigger Pockets, my login name and password are not recognized.

Hello @Linda Weygant

We would be happy to help you. Please email us at [email protected] and include a summary of what you would like to do with a good phone number to reach you at during business hours. We will call you directly to help. Thanks!

@Sara Jackson I have successfully done several checks so far with my Pro discount where I pay the fee and it seems to work well.  If I choose to have the applicant pay does this discount get applied to their charge or do they pay the full $35 price?  Do I need to give them the discount code so they get the $10 off?  If so that seems like a bad application design.

Originally posted by @Paul Ewing :

@Sara Jackson I have successfully done several checks so far with my Pro discount where I pay the fee and it seems to work well.  If I choose to have the applicant pay does this discount get applied to their charge or do they pay the full $35 price?  Do I need to give them the discount code so they get the $10 off?  If so that seems like a bad application design.

good point

Hello @Paul Ewing & @Matt Sterling :

In order for your renter to utilize the PRO discount code, you will need to provide your renter with the code. The code functions like a coupon so your renter will need it. Thanks for the feedback regarding application design, we are always looking for ways to improve our service. Thanks!

Thanks @Sara Jackson that is what I started thinking.  It would be a very good enhancement to be able to apply the coupon as a landlord when designating the applicant pays so that the codes (especially those that are provided as incentives for memberships etc) don't get distributed outside those that should have them. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you