Block people on BP?

12 Replies

Does anyone know if you can block other BP members? I recently had to sever a relationship with a contractor on this site. He has been harassing me obsessively and threatening physical harm. I would like to limit his access while I work through this with our legal counsel and law enforcement. I was just wondering if it was possible to restrict his view of my profile? 

I would suggest that you private message Brandon Turner and explain the problem to him.

Thank you for your help. I appreciate it. 

Ps I see you are from Illinois. My family has been invested in Naperville for decades. :)

You can set your profile privacy so ONLY colleagues can see your profile details along with other settings at http://www.biggerpockets.com/settings/privacy . Let me know if you have any trouble with or questions.

-Zach Gwin

I would use the "report abuse" button on the member's page. Behavior like that honestly should qualify for a ban of his account. 

when you change your profile so that only colleagues can view, be sure to drop him as a colleague as well. 

Thank you guys! I have reached out to Brandon Turner with more specific details of what is going on. I will change my privacy settings. Hopefully no one else has the same experience I have had. 

I have been on here over a year and never had so much as a "scuffle". I wouldn't worry about it. 

Originally posted by @Veena J. :

Thank you guys! I have reached out to @Brandon Turner with more specific details of what is going on. I will change my privacy settings. Hopefully no one else has the same experience I have had. 

No, he hasn't bothered me yet. Hope that clears it up for you, might save whatever it is for the legal eagles. Sorry you had issues with him on here. 

@Brandon Turner

I thought that dating site BP put up was just for April 1st, please explain.....   :)

@Brandon Turner

I thought that dating site BP put up was just for April 1st, please explain.....   :)

Wait-- so BP isn't a dating site then?!?! :-P My husband will be relieved... Jk jk. 

Originally posted by @Veena J. :

@Brandon Turner

Wait-- so BP isn't a dating site then?!?! :-P My husband will be relieved... Jk jk. 

I have no idea what goes on here, I do know that no one has sent me flowers or a wink or any money, but many have asked me for money, just like dating I'd say! ;)  

that's so unprofessional. i guess, people take breakups seriously.

Lol. I've never experienced anything like it. Unfortunately, I'm not the only one that has had this experience with him. Oh well... Live and learn right? 

It's just business. It should not be emotional, so I don't understand what his objective is here. 

Anyway, I'm happy that my husband is in an entirely different field that he loves. On bad days I can live vicariously through him! Lol. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.