Problems with the Alerts on BP

10 Replies

Is anybody else having issues with Alerts and notifications on BP?  I have an alert setup that is supposed to email me whenever something from Delaware comes up and when I just did a recent search I noticed a number of recent Delaware posts that I was never notified about.  I'm just wondering if anybody else has had these issues?

I haven't had that issue, but i do get notifications about site events about 20 minutes after the fact, which is kind of a bummer.

Hey @Jeremy Pace - We've been dealing with some issues with spam attacks over the past 2 weeks and had to implement a delay on email notifications to help protect members from dozens or hundreds of notifications (has happened 2x now thanks to these jerks) from categories or posts they follow. I hope we can turn the delay off at some point in the near future, but this is designed to protect our users from unwanted notification emails from those people intent on causing problems here.

@Joshua Dorkin

Thanks for the heads up!  I had half assumed that having 10 tabs of BP content open was interfering with the updates ... glad to know it's not just in my head.

Originally posted by @Joshua Dorkin :

Hey @Jeremy Pace - We've been dealing with some issues with spam attacks over the past 2 weeks and had to implement a delay on email notifications to help protect members from dozens or hundreds of notifications (has happened 2x now thanks to these jerks) from categories or posts they follow. I hope we can turn the delay off at some point in the near future, but this is designed to protect our users from unwanted notification emails from those people intent on causing problems here.

Josh does that include regular post alerts as well?

Originally posted by @Joshua Dorkin :

Can you clarify?

Sure. I have my alerts set to notify me whenever Delaware comes up.  Today I did a search under Delaware and I noticed a few new posts that I had never received notifications on. I didn't know if that attack by the jerks had affected those types of notifications as well 

@Jeffrey Giffin

I did notice an issue when I copied/pasted delaware. I did some testing and I think you should get an email. I will look into previous examples of delaware to see if I can find a pattern and then fix it.

Edit: sorry for everyone who I just summoned here with their keywords :)

Originally posted by @Jarrett Baugh :

@Jeffrey Giffin

I did notice an issue when I copied/pasted delaware. I did some testing and I think you should get an email. I will look into previous examples of delaware to see if I can find a pattern and then fix it.

Edit: sorry for everyone who I just summoned here with their keywords :)

Thanks for looking into it Jarrett. On a side note...I LOVE BIGGER POCKETS!

I did receive the email alerts this time. Maybe it was just an issue while the hacker stuff was happening. Thanks again!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here