Google Search with my phone number

3 Replies

Hello,

I did a Google search on my phone number just to see what comes up, and a few of the posts I've posted here on Bigger Pockets comes up. Does anyone know how I stop that from appearing to the general public? 

The only way I know is to not post it. You can remove your number from your signature by going to profile settings and going to the Forum tag.

Remember real estate is a business. You want our number to be out there when you are in business. If you want your number private then get a separate number for business. You can get a google voice number or similar services. You can have this ring to the same phone you use for personal use. 

Hi @Ned Carey ,

Thanks for your response.

It's not that I don't want my number shown, it's more so that anyone can google my number and see what I've been discussing on multiple threads here. Some of the discussions I've initiated are specific to financial transactions and real estate investment opportunities I may or may not have taken advantage of. Let's say hypothetically someone wanted to sue me (God forbid), this information is readily available in terms of potential assets I may or may not have acquired ... you know what I mean? Kinda gives the average Joe a starting point to try to count have many coins are in my piggy bank :(

@Jennifer S. Yes I understand WHY you want to keep it private. That is perfectly reasonable. 

I am just pointing out that wanting personal privacy and wanting to build a business are conflicting goals. Good luck - Ned

PS now that you have removed the number from your signature it doesn't show up on earlier posts either. The system shows your current signature regardless of when the post was written.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.