• Longmont, CO
Votes |
We've Redesigned the Forums!!!

Mindy Jensen
  • BiggerPockets Money Podcast Host
  • Longmont, CO
Posted Feb 17 2016, 11:01

Hey there, BiggerPockets!

Your forums look a little different today, don't they? 

We've made a few changes - and we're REALLY excited about them!

First off, we've cleaned up the interface and put the content of the posts front and center. We simplified the “chrome” of our posts and put a focus on what we all want — the posts themselves.

So where did all that stuff go? If you hover over an avatar, you'll see how to connect with that member, along with post/vote/award counts. To the right, you'll see three little green dots, which is where you can Quote someone or Report Abuse if you find a spammy post.

You can share forum threads on Facebook and Twitter. Oh, want to email them? You can do that, too! 

My favorite FAVORITE parts of the new design are the "stickies" at the top and bottom of a forum thread. As you scroll around a post, the top of your screen has a bar that includes the title of the post as well as the follow and reply buttons. No matter where you are as you scroll, you can always access these.

Our quick reply at the bottom of a thread is now sticky. Now you can scroll around the thread and reply as you’re reading individual posts. It just makes it easier to respond to multiple people without having to scroll up and down a bunch of times.

Other cool features include an easier way to jump to the last post in a thread while viewing our main forum feed, and a new sticky nav below our main nav bar while you are on the forums. You can now jump to Trending Topics, Your Discussions, Unanswered Posts and those threads you’re following from any page on the forums.

Our very own Brandon Turner created a video tour to show you these great new features.

There's also a quick tour in the upper right corner to give you highlights the first time you visit the new forums. 

I want to give a HUGE SHOUT OUT to our Super-Awesome Development Team - especially @Edd Morgan for all the work that went into our new design. 

So tell me - how do you like our new design? Take some time to play around on the new forums and tell me what you think!

(We've put a lot of work into this new design - and I think I've tested everything. But if you find a bug or think something's not working right, I'd love to hear from you. Send an email to [email protected] or leave me a note here.)

Loading replies...